The upcoming cycle 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentist86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The next cycle is about to start, let's share our opinions, interviews and concerns. For the experienced members of the forum who already have been accepted, they are most welcome to share their experiences and advices. Good luck, and happy application for all of us.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

For me I am going to apply to 15 schools, and I am in the process of preparing the required documents. waiting for my TOEFL and NBDE official score reports to be mailed to me, although most of the schools have a certain code to send the reports directly from the institute but when I called these schools to ask about this issue they mostly prefer me to send it my self with all the other papers as a full package. If any one needs a web site for the certified translation and notarization of the transcripts and diploma, her is the one that I used http://www.masterword.com/ , since this issue was a hassle for me.

I had question my degree is in English but to get it notarized do I need to go through this service or can I use a public notary?

Members don't see this ad :)
In this case u only need Public notary, I need this as well do you know any web site or place to notarize?

If you are in the US you can go to a bank or library usually they have them and it is free. Regarding online I don't know =(,

I have a question.. I got my recommendation letter from my dean a year ago and when i apply this year it will be more than a year old.. will that make a difference to the applications?
Some schools want recommendations with in a year old...

I have a question.. I got my recommendation letter from my dean a year ago and when i apply this year it will be more than a year old.. will that make a difference to the applications?
Some schools want recommendations with in a year old...

Yes it can make a difference for some schools.. my suggestion is that u can inquire wid the individual schools regarding the validity of the LOR and nt take any risk. :)

Any idea about which schools to select?? any order of preference??

It depends on your priorities like the fees, the state, the level of experience that you can get and different other things. As for me I am going to apply to most of the schools that require step 1 NBDE only. I am not sure if I am going to apply to Marquette Uni in Wisconsin, Louisville in Kentucky, Minnesota or Oklahoma. Do any one have an idea of those schools? In term of the chance of acceptance?

since i dont have a green card i will be applying to the following schools
USC, UOP, UCSF, NYU, BU, NEW JERSY, COLORADO, MICHIGAN, UPENN...
is there any other school i'm applicable to?

does anyone also know any GPR/ AEGD programs that accept non citizens?

Hi everyone,
i have a question abt bench test, when we shud start preps for bench test.
i'm living in CA and so confused abt bench test preps
when to start? where to go for preps?

Members don't see this ad :)
How many seats are there in Minnesota and what is the deadline I couldn't find it in their website

Hey,

I have a portable unit with a mounting pole, typodont and some teeth to practice. I'm prepping some MO, DO AND CROWN PREPS rt now.

Hope this helps.

since i dont have a green card i will be applying to the following schools
USC, UOP, UCSF, NYU, BU, NEW JERSY, COLORADO, MICHIGAN, UPENN...
is there any other school i'm applicable to?

does anyone also know any GPR/ AEGD programs that accept non citizens?

Does New Jersy require step II NBDE?

yes New Jersy requires part 2 and iv already taken it...has CAAPID cycle started yet?

As application cycle starts so does the apprehension... All the best to all of you out there waiting to apply.....................

:thumbup: ALL THE BEST EVERYONE FOR THE 2013 APPLICATION CYCLE
The next cycle is about to start, let's share our opinions, interviews and concerns. For the experienced members of the forum who already have been accepted, they are most welcome to share their experiences and advices. Good luck, and happy application for all of us.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

As application cycle starts so does the apprehension... All the best to all of you out there waiting to apply.....................

Thank you and wish You the same :)

oklahoma is for citizens, louiseville has barely 2 seats. btw does everyone have more than 126 credits or more in theor ece --which is a requiremnt for minnesota ?:confused:

My total semester hours of credit 151.50

Has anybody prepared him/her self for DAT exam so as to be eligible to apply to New York University?

I cant giv the DATs id rather apply to temple which is also a 3 yr program than applying to new york wit the DAT score...I cant go back to studying pre university subjects! Is anyone giving it?

Hey guys where to include shadowing experience in Caapid appliccation???

Thanks in advance...

I cant giv the DATs id rather apply to temple which is also a 3 yr program than applying to new york wit the DAT score...I cant go back to studying pre university subjects! Is anyone giving it?

I agree with you fsp, but what about number of seats?? Temple offers only 12 seats and NYU 125 seats.... Chances of getting into is more in NYU:(

I agree with you fsp, but what about number of seats?? Temple offers only 12 seats and NYU 125 seats.... Chances of getting into is more in NYU:(

Yes good for people who can study hard and take DAT

Last edited:
Yes good for people who can study hard and take DAT..i personally don't think its worth for a program that is any way 3 years and costs more than 300,000$ but those are just my views.[/QUOTE)

Same with me..I can't study for DAT now... I feel giving part 2 and applying to the colleges who ask for both part 1 and 2 is better option

Yes good for people who can study hard and take DAT..i personally don't think its worth for a program that is any way 3 years and costs more than 300,000$ but those are just my views.[/QUOTE)

Same with me..I can't study for DAT now... I feel giving part 2 and applying to the colleges who ask for both part 1 and 2 is better option
I agree, for me if I wanna study anything it is going to be step II not DAT, this will give you larger number of uni to apply for; HOWEVER I am not gonna take it soon.:D

Hey guys where to include shadowing experience in Caapid appliccation???

Thanks in advance...
I suppose it is going to be in the Professional experience/ Other work experience, bcz we can not consider it as practice of dentistry

I suppose it is going to be in the Professional experience/ Other work experience, bcz we can not consider it as practice of dentistry

Thank you ... when are you giving part 2 ??

in LOR from my dean there is an error in the name of college that is .....there is change in position of words " college and hospital" its written "hospital and college".........rest of the name of college is written right, .....does that matter or its slight thing????

in LOR from my dean there is an error in the name of college that is .....there is change in position of words " college and hospital" its written "hospital and college".........rest of the name of college is written right, .....does that matter or its slight thing????
I do not think it will matter

I have a question, when the evaluator has to submit the letter of recommendation by paper they mentioned that there is a paper that he should attach with the letter and enclose it. I have the deans letter has already been sealed, what should I do??

I have a question, when the evaluator has to submit the letter of recommendation by paper they mentioned that there is a paper that he should attach with the letter and enclose it. I have the deans letter has already been sealed, what should I do??
Attach that paper to the sealed envelope and place it in another envelope. thats what people did last year-

hey dentist 86 ,
my transcripts are nt sealed , plz can u help me abt what paper are you talking of , to attach with it..... and is that paper also to be signed by the teacher whose recomm is from??
KIndly reply. Thanks

hey dentist 86 ,
my transcripts are nt sealed , plz can u help me abt what paper are you talking of , to attach with it..... and is that paper also to be signed by the teacher whose recomm is from??
KIndly reply. Thanks
When you enter the information of the evaluator and press save, there will be a place that tells you print paper request. This might help you more http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/CAAPID/Pages/SubmittingPaperLettersofEvaluation.aspx

Dear all,
For people who have scores of the NBDE1, please share your scores.
Many thanks

plz help.

am taking toefl in 2 days, as chicago univ appli as already started, so shud i tell ETS right now before taking toefl exam to send my toefl report directlt to chicago or i shud see the results and then decide????
My reason of trying ahead of exam is it will save time as chicago univ prefers early applicat......but now i am not sure how the exam will go , .....just 1 day to decide....plz reply asap.

plz help.

am taking toefl in 2 days, as chicago univ appli as already started, so shud i tell ETS right now before taking toefl exam to send my toefl report directlt to chicago or i shud see the results and then decide????
My reason of trying ahead of exam is it will save time as chicago univ prefers early applicat......but now i am not sure how the exam will go , .....just 1 day to decide....plz reply asap.
If you can update your score results, request the ETS to send it directly to the school.

I volunteered in many vaccination campaign. where can I add that?
where can I add CE courses ?
I planned to take part2, but I didn't schedule for the test yet. should I mentioned that in my application?

hi
i want to ask if anyone is having problems saving the personal statement on Caapid?
im trying to save it , but there is some error every time.

thanks

@ above-its working.

Guys I have a doubt.
I want to know if we can update our NBDE scores later ...I mean after the deadline has passed though the application was received before the deadline. Will they accept the score?:confused: Please help.
Thank you.

hi
i want to ask if anyone is having problems saving the personal statement on Caapid?
im trying to save it , but there is some error every time.

thanks
You might have exceeded the word limit....

@ above-its working.

Guys I have a doubt.
I want to know if we can update our NBDE scores later ...I mean after the deadline has passed though the application was received before the deadline. Will they accept the score?:confused: Please help.
Thank you.
No they will not accept the score after deadline has passed.

Hi guys, All the very best to one and all for new application cycle. i have a question regarding Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of the University of Southern California. can i apply in this university using ECE? please guide.....