The upcoming cycle 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes I called them and they gave me same answer,and told that they are processed separately.. even u send them in one envelop.

yea..i sent everything together in one envelope..but they said it doesn't matter..it takes time to process.

Members don't see this ad.

hi everybody! good luck for the 2013 cycle =) if you'd like please post your stats and experience and any new information that you guys might have gotten for the new 2013 cycle. that would be helpful for everyone.

Thankyou!

yea..i sent everything together in one envelope..but they said it doesn't matter..it takes time to process.

I submitted my application on the 27th of April and the updated the application on the 4th of May. First they updated the evaluated transcripts and later on the same day they updated the letters. I called them to ask about the mailing date for the designated programs they said the programs will have access to the application electronically as soon as I submit it, and they will send a PDF of the application to the programs as well. So there will be no mailing date change or update. However, I still have a question about whether we are going to receive a mail or an email from the designated programs to confirm they have received the application along with the supplemental documents??

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application on the 27th of April and the updated the application on the 4th of May. First they updated the evaluated transcripts and later on the same day they updated the letters. I called them to ask about the mailing date for the designated programs they said the programs will have access to the application electronically as soon as I submit it, and they will send a PDF of the application to the programs as well. So there will be no mailing date change or update. However, I still have a question about whether we are going to receive a mail or an email from the designated programs to confirm they have received the application along with the supplemental documents??

You'll need to check with each program individually, but they usually let you know about your status.

Last year I applied to 5 schools, 3 of them confirmed my application through email (UIC, UOP and UCSF), one through regular mail (UPENN), and only one didn't send me anything and I had to call to get a confirmation that my application was complete (Herman Ostrow).

You'll need to check with each program individually, but they usually let you know about your status.

Last year I applied to 5 schools, 3 of them confirmed my application through email (UIC, UOP and UCSF), one through regular mail (UPENN), and only one didn't send me anything and I had to call to get a confirmation that my application was complete (Herman Ostrow).
Thanks Hope4, I think I will wait more few days then I will call them if they will not send any confirmation.

@composite101.

Do you have the same problem like mine?
Did they update your LOR OR Evaluated transcript??

oh i thought CAAPID will update the mailing date when thy send out the application to schools in the program designations section. In Fact, i called CAAPID today to ask about the same and they told me that it will take 7 more days and it will be updated on your status when thy do it. I sent my application on 28th april. My LOR and Transcripts are completed.
so im surprised that thy told you soemthing else...a lil confused now..

oh i thought CAAPID will update the mailing date when thy send out the application to schools in the program designations section. In Fact, i called CAAPID today to ask about the same and they told me that it will take 7 more days and it will be updated on your status when thy do it. I sent my application on 28th april. My LOR and Transcripts are completed.
so im surprised that thy told you soemthing else...a lil confused now..
When I called them, the representative I talked with did not seem very sure about what he is saying !! I will try to call them again.

When I called them, the representative I talked with did not seem very sure about what he is saying !! I will try to call them again.

yeah ..even the one i talked to wasn't very sure ...pls post here what they tell you ..and maybe ill also call again ,...

guys, a question to those who have some knowledge...is UPENN a tough school to get into..like do they require exceptional scores, research experience, very high GPA?

yeah ..even the one i talked to wasn't very sure ...pls post here what they tell you ..and maybe ill also call again ,...
I called CAAPID again and they told me that the mailing date will appear as soon as they mail the application to the schools !!

yes, even i called and he said the same thing..

Members don't see this ad :)
any one is going to apply for Minnesota or Wisconsin?? or colombia??

Last edited:
guys, a question to those who have some knowledge...is UPENN a tough school to get into..like do they require exceptional scores, research experience, very high GPA?

anyone with any experience with upenn?

anyone with any experience with upenn?

As far as I know they are not very restricted I know people with a variety of states that have been accepted there and some friends who have been accepted there said that the interview is very important may be as important as states. That what I heard, but as I think it is the whole package that matters.

Finally, mu application have been mailed by CAAPID to the designated programs. I have received an email from UIC telling me that they have received my CAAPID application, but they have not confirm the application completion. It is taking too long and I am losing my patience ;(((

Finally, mu application have been mailed by CAAPID to the designated programs. I have received an email from UIC telling me that they have received my CAAPID application, but they have not confirm the application completion. It is taking too long and I am losing my patience ;(((

thanks for the info on upenn ...
even i received the same email today from UIC ...but nothing abt the application being complete ...i get worried sometimes if the suppl application has been delivered to them or not ..i used USPS priority mail ..and i did get delivery confirmation from usps as well... but when i see the online appl status of UIC, it had not updated my suppl application material , it been almost 2 weeks now since i mailed the supporting documents.
do you have an update on your online UIC status for the supporting documents?
Was wondering if i should call and confirm?

please help in my query--
do dental transcripts and degree sealed envelopes from university has expiration date, like its mentioned on various websites just specifically about lor's , that should be less than 12 months, so what about transcripts ??

I have dental transcripts and degree sealed envelopes from my university since last year , can i use them this year ??

Unfortunately i missed my license number......wht should i do...plz help

please help in my query--
do dental transcripts and degree sealed envelopes from university has expiration date, like its mentioned on various websites just specifically about lor's , that should be less than 12 months, so what about transcripts ??

I have dental transcripts and degree sealed envelopes from my university since last year , can i use them this year ??

should not be, since nothing is mentioned on the school website ...but u can call them and confirm as well...thats better

wht should i write in professional license held....is it my license number or wht?

thanks for the info on upenn ...
even i received the same email today from UIC ...but nothing abt the application being complete ...i get worried sometimes if the suppl application has been delivered to them or not ..i used USPS priority mail ..and i did get delivery confirmation from usps as well... but when i see the online appl status of UIC, it had not updated my suppl application material , it been almost 2 weeks now since i mailed the supporting documents.
do you have an update on your online UIC status for the supporting documents?
Was wondering if i should call and confirm?
Me too, there is no update on the UIC online application, may be it will take more few days. If nothing is updated I might e-mail them next week cause they might receive a bunch of applications, just give them some time.

It will take around 2 weeks for them to update your supplemental materials. So don't worry.

Somebody plz tell me where I can write my Continue Education programs in CAAPID application?
plz plz reply..
thanks

guys plz advise , i got 81 in Toefl IBT last time and i repeat it and now i got 89
wht should i do now.... i don wanna repeat
my stats are 87 in part one and 3.92 gpa
is there any chance if i apply with this score...specially TOEFL???????

guys plz advise , i got 81 in Toefl IBT last time and i repeat it and now i got 89
wht should i do now.... i don wanna repeat
my stats are 87 in part one and 3.92 gpa
is there any chance if i apply with this score...specially TOEFL???????

They see everything as a package, so all are important... and especially toefl I suggest to give until you get magical score 100.. why do you want to take risk.. If you want now you can apply to schools with this score and later give it again and update it..

thanks nbpoise...
In other relevant information section I can write only 600 words but I did around 10 continue education courses so don't know how to write whole thing in 600 words.

Hi Friends,

All the best for 2013 application cycle. My question is: does shadowing letter matter to much? and how long we need to shadow a dentist? please guide..

Hi Friends,

All the best for 2013 application cycle. My question is: does shadowing letter matter to much? and how long we need to shadow a dentist? please guide..

Shadowing/assisting is essential for some schools (UIC is one of them), it's like having some exposure on "American Dentistry". A good lenght of time would be at least 6 months.

At the same time there are schools more interested in your experience overall, some others in research, others in volunteer work.... So to cover all your bases make sure you have a great and solid resume from top to bottom.

Good luck!

thanks nbpoise...
In other relevant information section I can write only 600 words but I did around 10 continue education courses so don't know how to write whole thing in 600 words.

yeah you will have to list only the important ones and try and cut it short to fit the word space...

Shadowing/assisting is essential for some schools (UIC is one of them), it's like having some exposure on "American Dentistry". A good lenght of time would be at least 6 months.

At the same time there are schools more interested in your experience overall, some others in research, others in volunteer work.... So to cover all your bases make sure you have a great and solid resume from top to bottom.

Good luck!

Which schools are interested in researches?

can anybody tell me wht is title position in LOR matching form....and do i attech this form with every LOR????

One more quick q....can i update my toefl scores after UIC deadline?????????/

One more quick q....can i update my toefl scores after UIC deadline?????????/

I think you can't update anything after their deadline.. but its better for you to confirm with the UIC...

can anybody tell me wht is title position in LOR matching form....and do i attech this form with every LOR????

Like you put Dean, Dentist, or professor, depends on the title position of the evaluator. Hope that would help

thanks dentist86 and girjia.....yes i just send an email to UIC

can you tell me where i can find the transcript matching form?I did find the matching form for LOR but not for the transcripts ...can u pls help me out?

can you tell me where i can find the transcript matching form?I did find the matching form for LOR but not for the transcripts ...can u pls help me out?

Hi Xceldent,

You can find the Transcript form under the Colleges/universities/dental schools attended under the Academic History. Of course after you complete that section & select your dental school from the list. You could choose to print the Transcript Matching Form either ECE or WES. It's better to arrange for ECE evaluation report as it's required by most schools.
Hope that helps. good luck

Hi,
Anybody has information about buffalo school?? The good and the bad things? I have no idea about this school,please if u have any information,let us know.
Thank you very much

Hi,
Anybody has information about buffalo school?? The good and the bad things? I have no idea about this school,please if u have any information,let us know.
Thank you very much

Has anyone applied to Umdnj???

I have not apply to UMDNJ cz I don't have nbde2..
Any news guys? All seem so quite, please share information and news. Is there any one going to apply for UT San Antonio??

I have not apply to UMDNJ cz I don't have nbde2..
Any news guys? All seem so quite, please share information and news. Is there any one going to apply for UT San Antonio??

CAAPID mailed the documents to all the schools.. but no news/email from any school about caapid or supplemental application. San Antonio will take applications from Aug 1 so i'll be applying then ..

is part 2 required in san antonio
No it is not a requirement.
That is right composite 101 they will start receiving application in the 1st of August, does any one know if it is easy to get in this school? I have not heard about any one that have been interviewed or admitted their (mainly from my country )