The value of noise cancelling headphones.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thought I'd contribute here.

I'm a massive Bose fan. That being said, I didn't want to drop $299 on QC series because they're a little too big on my head and clunky. I like to forget I'm wearing headphones.

So I dropped $129 on Bose AE2's about 2 years ago. Literally the best decision ever. If it gets too loud, I can put some earplugs in and put the headphones over them and turn on white noise and I've got myself noise canceling headphones.

Also the QC15 that was out at the time required AAA batteries. What is this, 1998? I'm not going to continuously carry around batteries. So that was a huge turn off

So to you guys in between, do what I did. Get the AE2's and get some cheap earplugs. Great combo.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
very good sounding headphone but the plastic parts that hold ear speaker or weak and fragile be delicate with them they sound great i had to add black electrical tape around the plastic part that hold the ear speaker and they are not cheap

Panasonic RP-HJE120. ~9$

These are absolutely amazing for a good balance of sound quality, noise reduction and cost. They come with 3 sizes of ear plugs, so you can use whichever one fits snugly in your ear. They last an insanely long time. I usually end up losing them before they break down. I have lost nearly 4 pairs of them over the last 2 years. These are hands down the best in-hear headphones out there