The Walking Dead

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kalbrecht17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've noticed a lot of the pre-meds (myself included) are big fans of the show. I was just thinking about it and wondering if anyone else thinks there's a possible correlation between the fascination with medicine and with the show (and zombies in general)? Just curious as to people's opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, it's just a good show that millions of people watch. There's very little/no medical aspect to it.

I think there is just a correlation to being human and liking the show. You are only sampling premeds. If people who weren't premeds didn't like the show, then you could say being premed correlates to liking show. Do you even stats?

Last edited:
The show is great for everyone, my facebook's newsfeed is all about it when it is on.

What if the AAV's that they are using to transduce certain genetic constituitively active kinases for axon regrowth in the substantia nigra result not only in aberrant connections of the axons that would change physiology but can also alter other expression of proteins which causes a zombie like phenotype?????????????????????????

edit: I'm making this question a thread...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Lori was the worst.

lori-5.jpg

One more word about Lori and see what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also there's a lot of good stuff in there about end of life decisions! Do you want to die via shovel, machete, shotgun, pipe...

Also there's a lot of good stuff in there about end of life decisions! Do you want to die via shovel, machete, shotgun, pipe...

Did you see the episode when Daryl pulled the zombie out of the car and smashed his head open with the back door of the car?

I actually based my end of life treatment on that episode

I watched like 2 episodes, the acting was so cringe worthy that I had to stop :eek:

Haha I agree, the acting is pretty horrendous, and I'm really not liking this season as much as I did the first one, but they're pretty good at ending episodes with cliff-hangers so I'm just forced to watch the next one.

Wonder when the :lock: is gonna happen

I think there is just a correlation to being human and liking the show. You are only sampling premeds. If people who weren't premeds didn't like the show, then you could say being premed correlates to liking show. Do you even stats?

you are hilarious. thanks for the fun post. i've talked to many other people (non premeds) who dislike the show for its blood and gore. hence why i was curious.

Did you see the episode when Daryl pulled the zombie out of the car and smashed his head open with the back door of the car?

I actually based my end of life treatment on that episode

That was sick!

All meanings of 'sick' hold true here. Omgbarf worthy and ph-phat worthy.

This thread has been closed. This is a forum for information about the medical school application process, and issues that pertain to it. For social conversations, feel free to join in the discussion in the Class of XXXX threads, or in the lounge.

Status
Not open for further replies.