The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Survived consuming unlimited caribbean and mexican water. Woooo

On a side note... I leave for a week and SDN changed... I don't like
How did it change? Is it just the formatting or what?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Holy buckets batman, night mode. ::hungover:ies::

Reactions: 1 user
Hard to see bolded stuff so it's no bueno for WW
I like night mode (on reddit too!) but always had a hard time seeing all of my new notifications because when I clicked on my alerts the highlighted ones were highlighted in super dark gray :/

If they highlighted stuff in something closer to a red (or really anything that wasn't so easy to confuse with black haha) I would like night mode a lot more. It's probably not an issue for people who only get a few notifications at a time but I routinely have 30+ and it makes it impossible to tell new and old notifications apart and I started losing notifications on threads I follow

Members don't see this ad :)
If they highlighted stuff in something closer to a red (or really anything that wasn't so easy to confuse with black haha) I would like night mode a lot more. It's probably not an issue for people who only get a few notifications at a time but I routinely have 30+ and it makes it impossible to tell new and old notifications apart and I started losing notifications on threads I follow
Miss popular over here

Reactions: 1 users
I follow a lot of threads and usually can't check them until long breaks between class :p

Also, I'm obviously super funny, so I drown in dem likes :cool:
Haha I was joking:p
I follow a decent amount and when I'm at work I can't check them as much and end up with a good amount at lunch and when I get home

No. Prob just have your style set differently. But it's still here. It's the new default style but you can select a different default for yourself.

Mine got switched back to normal, too, so to speak. :p Spooky. Except there's no break between the stickied threads and regular ones.

I'm reading the Successful Applicants thread and realizing that vetmed also attracts people with screwed-up parents. :p Not an immigrant, but my mother is nuts as balls.

I'll come join you, Eggy!

Saw this a while ago and took a screen shot because I thought you guys would all get a kick out of it.
IMG_2602.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
I'm reading the Successful Applicants thread and realizing that vetmed also attracts people with screwed-up parents. :p Not an immigrant, but my mother is nuts as balls.

I'll come join you, Eggy!
Oh the tales I could tell about my family, lol

I like night mode (on reddit too!) but always had a hard time seeing all of my new notifications because when I clicked on my alerts the highlighted ones were highlighted in super dark gray :/

Yup, same feels. I still like it but it's just hard to see some stuff.

10 Things I Hate About You on Rabbit in a bit if anyone wants to join!

rabb.it/cdoconn

Night two of pred got me like:

tumblr_o5ajy8dIsB1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Only had to take 5 pred pills today (7 pills total) so I'm clearly doing life well. Maybe I'll actually get tired and be able to fall asleep she says beggingly.

Night two of pred got me like:

tumblr_o5ajy8dIsB1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Only had to take 5 pred pills today (7 pills total) so I'm clearly doing life well. Maybe I'll actually get tired and be able to fall asleep she says beggingly.
Egg your signature speaks to me on a spiritual level

Hope you were able to get some sleep last night

I wish there was a way to save posts for future reference (other than adding to my alarmingly excessive bookmarks list). I had to go back and search for everyone's lists of favorite albums and now I'm not sure how to keep track of the things I wanted to listen to eventually. Spreadsheet maybe?

Wait my signature? Is it still "I'm pretty much in a perpetual state of wanting pizza?"
Yes

How long has it been that? I swear I'm having more and more memory loss problems the longer I'm in vet school :laugh:

Edit: Oh it has been that for almost a year...
I swear I don't remember seeing it before today.

Yes

How long has it been that? I swear I'm having more and more memory loss problems the longer I'm in vet school :laugh:

Edit: Oh it has been that for almost a year...
I swear I don't remember seeing it before today.
Yeah it's actually a @Caiter92 quote from last April hahaha- cause that's when I had the red panda eating pizza as my avatar and it was terribly fitting (which I hope to go back to after the WW game)
I'm pretty much in a perpetual state of wanting pizza, so I sympathize.

Yeah it's actually a @Caiter92 quote from last April hahaha- cause that's when I had the red panda eating pizza as my avatar and it was terribly fitting (which I hope to go back to after the WW game)
Yeah I found the quote. Just...ignore me. More confirmation that I'm basically brain dead.

also, I got maybe three hours in total? My body's exhausted but I physically can't sleep.
I'm sorry :( Are your lungs at least getting better?

Yeah I found the quote. Just...ignore me. More confirmation that I'm basically brain dead.

I'm sorry :( Are your lungs at least getting better?
A little, I think? Wheezing is hitting pretty hard though. Plus if I go to cough, my coughs sound a lot like a faulty lawn mower trying to start up. :laugh::laugh:

A little, I think? Wheezing is hitting pretty hard though. Plus if I go to cough, my coughs sound a lot like a faulty lawn mower trying to start up. :laugh::laugh:

I love when SDN asks me if I'm sure I want to like a post

I've never been asked that, but how dare they try to hinder me from my hard earned likes???
It pops up every once in a while for me - takes you to a separate page where all it says is "Are you sure you want to like this post?"
I still have no idea what triggers it

This explains why ski just liked it then. I thought she was turning into you with creeping ;)