The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
it was the gif and I was making fun of you and then it was popcorn and then when the page reloaded it was gif again haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, somebody pester me later this week and remind me to finally actually play some music for y'all on rabbit.

I'm contemplating which album to play for you all, but some I have in mind as of right now:
  • The Wall - Pink Floyd (1979)
  • Rain Dogs - Tom Waits (1985)
  • In the Aeroplane Over the Sea - Neutral Milk Hotel (1998)
  • Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots - The Flaming Lips (2002)
  • Illinois - Sufjan Stevens (2005)
  • The Hazards of Love - The Decemberists (2009)
Totally feel free to accept/reject any of these suggestions as you deem fit. Also, most of these fall into or lean toward the concept album category, so it's best to listen to them the whole way through to really appreciate the album. In general the albums above are fairly forgiving in terms of coming in late or listening in and out though (minus, in my opinion, Hazards of Love, which really needs to be listened to all at once).
I'm tacking this onto the list and there is a really high chance it's gonna be the play of the week because I forgot how much I like this album lol
  • Hadestown - Anaïs Mitchell (2010)
(it's a great mix of folk music, Greek mythology, that guy from Bon Iver, triplets, singers with super deep voices, and Orpheus/Eurydice)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm tacking this onto the list and there is a really high chance it's gonna be the play of the week because I forgot how much I like this album lol
  • Hadestown - Anaïs Mitchell (2010)
(it's a great mix of folk music, Greek mythology, that guy from Bon Iver, triplets, singers with super deep voices, and Orpheus/Eurydice)
Also, I'm thinking Wednesday night for this

A month ago, I would've killed to feel like I never needed to sleep. Now I've slept 17 hours total since I was in urgent care last Wednesday and my body won't tire/ let me sleep. I've never hated a medication as much as I hate this pred. And to make matters worse, my bronchitis hasn't cleared, so I'm gonna have to go back and get chest X-rays to check for pneumonia in my already ****ty lungs, and might have to get more steroids/ worse. Ugh. I just wanted to have a normal week. :(

Apparently your body does not care for your plans. :(

I'm up at about three (almost four now) because of cramps. Yay life.

A month ago, I would've killed to feel like I never needed to sleep. Now I've slept 17 hours total since I was in urgent care last Wednesday and my body won't tire/ let me sleep. I've never hated a medication as much as I hate this pred. And to make matters worse, my bronchitis hasn't cleared, so I'm gonna have to go back and get chest X-rays to check for pneumonia in my already ****ty lungs, and might have to get more steroids/ worse. Ugh. I just wanted to have a normal week. :(
Is pred not what you normally get?

Also Simba's at the vet today to get the spot removed from his eye. Looking for sharez & prayerz to make sure Furbaby Jesus comes down and keeps him safe. We should've just rubbed coconut oil into his eye to make it go away, but all it did was make his fur faaaaabulous looking.

(But in all reality, Simba's at the vet rn to get the eye spot removed and even though it's a very simple procedure, I'm a wreck.)

Reactions: 1 users
Also Simba's at the vet today to get the spot removed from his eye. Looking for sharez & prayerz to make sure Furbaby Jesus comes down and keeps him safe. We should've just rubbed coconut oil into his eye to make it go away, but all it did was make his fur faaaaabulous looking.

(But in all reality, Simba's at the vet rn to get the eye spot removed and even though it's a very simple procedure, I'm a wreck.)

Do not worry, I'll keep him in my thoughts. Hope you feel better!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do not worry, I'll keep him in my thoughts. Hope you feel better!
I'll keep him in my thoughts too!
Thanks y'all! I really don't think it'd be a huge deal. The margins are beautiful, there's a single blood vessel feeding it, and it looks like it will be easily removed. It's just...
giphy.gif

(Was gonna use a different gif but how could I pass up Emilia Clarke's eyebrows?)

Reactions: 2 users
And for the record, my pup was waaaaaay more important than even my husband was in my life. My husband takes pride in his second best placement ;). He says he knew he could never beat out the pup, no one could. He was just that amazing.

Reactions: 4 users
And for the record, my pup was waaaaaay more important than even my husband was in my life. My husband takes pride in his second best placement ;). He says he knew he could never beat out the pup, no one could. He was just that amazing.

He's a keeper. XD

He's a keeper. XD

Duh! Why do you think I married him?! (It was for the food he cooks, and the fact he has literally waited on me hand and foot, and that he cleans up after me, and the fact that he's willing to risk our financial future by me leaving a very well paying job to go to vet school, ok I think I just fell in love with him all over again) :love:

Reactions: 6 users
Duh! Why do you think I married him?! (It was for the food he cooks, and the fact he has literally waited on me hand and foot, and that he cleans up after me, and the fact that he's willing to risk our financial future by me leaving a very well paying job to go to vet school, ok I think I just fell in love with him all over again) :love:
Does he have a brother?:rofl:

Reactions: 6 users
I need to marry your husband! :eek: That's basically what I need! :roflcopter:

Edit: or I guess a brother works oops haha

Thanks y'all! I really don't think it'd be a huge deal. The margins are beautiful, there's a single blood vessel feeding it, and it looks like it will be easily removed. It's just...
giphy.gif

(Was gonna use a different gif but how could I pass up Emilia Clarke's eyebrows?)
You remember how bad I was when my cat got spayed? This is nothing close to my reaction

You remember how bad I was when my cat got spayed? This is nothing close to my reaction
Hahaha oh man. I understand you. But I trust the vet who's doing the surgery, with my life, so I have full confidence in his skills. That doesn't mean I'm not gonna be freaking out all day today/ compulsively checking his eye every time I see him!

Yes, but engaged to my best friend (they met at our wedding) I do have three other husband-friends still available :p. I'm just kidding.
Coopah just distributes husband's friends to her friends like party favors hahaha.

Basically I'm looking for someone who can teach me the basics of being an adult. For instance, last week I accidentally set the microwave on fire because I didn't think about aluminum foil being a thing.

Coopah just distributes husband's friends to her friends like party favors hahaha.

Basically I'm looking for someone who can teach me the basics of being an adult. For instance, last week I accidentally set the microwave on fire because I didn't think about aluminum foil being a thing.

Are you kidding? That's nothing! When I was living with my husband (before we were dating) we were cleaning the apartment. I tried to clean a shelf in the fridge by putting it under hot water. It EXPLODED! Glass everywhere. He came it at my screaming, told me not to move (I wasn't wearing shoes), cleaned it all up and told me never to clean anything ever again.

Reactions: 4 users
Nope, they ended on perfection :p. Ok I hope he never see's this because his head is going to swell so badly I'll never live it down.
C'mon Coopah. I thought we learned this with @Caiter92 and @SummerTheLynx . You gotta say some negative things as well so he doesn't get a bigger head than he already has!

C'mon Coopah. I thought we learned this with @Caiter92 and @SummerTheLynx . You gotta say some negative things as well so he doesn't get a bigger head than he already has!

Ok, ok, he has a temper, gets frustrated by everyone being stupid, shouts to his video games, and will frequently interrupts you in the middle of whatever you where saying to make a random ass comment because of his ADHD.

Ok, ok, he has a temper, gets frustrated by everyone being stupid, shouts to his video games, and will frequently interrupts you in the middle of whatever you where saying to make a random ass comment because of his ADHD.
Well dang I do those too, AND I can't cook. I have no hope. :laugh:

Why is coopah talking about me playing WW?

Reactions: 5 users

Less than a year ago, I swore I bought dishwasher detergent, and had bought dishwashing detergent. Put it in the dishwasher. There was bubbles everywhere. My roommates literally died from laughter and then the subsequent shaming of me.

Reactions: 3 users

I didn't know you shouldn't put silverware in the microwave...

(To be fair, I was first year of high school and super oblivious. My roommate's just lucky I haven't lit anything on fire yet.)

Less than a year ago, I swore I bought dishwasher detergent, and had bought dishwashing detergent. Put it in the dishwasher. There was bubbles everywhere. My roommates literally died from laughter and then the subsequent shaming of me.
that's amazing! My mom got me dishwashing pods so I didn't make that mistake (because I'm 100% sure I would make that mistake).