The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We didn't get our actual degrees at the ceremony, just the diploma holders, so if we had failed an important course or whatever the school could alter honors/not confer degrees as they saw fit.
Yeah, I think that's true at all institutions afaik. Still seems odd to me to have ceremonies so early, having students walk, and then potentially revoking things rather than not having to deal with that, though...
Our finals the past couple years have ended on the 23rd of December :dead:
We start after Labor Day and since its been later the past few years? It's pushed finals back a week:punch:
:wtf: that SUCKS

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I got my actual diplomas in the mail a couple weeks after graduation, along with my final transcripts. Thank god, because my mom never saw them. Heh.
Yeah, I got my diploma in the mail about a month after graduating. My mom wanted to look at my transcript but I said "nooope, I'll take that!"

Yeah, I think that's true at all institutions afaik. Still seems odd to me to have ceremonies so early, having students walk, and then potentially revoking things rather than not having to deal with that, though...
@Balesofhay got her actual diploma during graduation! I think she had a couple weeks off between being done with classes and graduating. It would definitely suck to walk and then not actually be done, but I would guess/hope that happens to a small enough number of people that most schools would rather get the ceremony out of the way so people can leave town. There's not really a perfect way to do it. :shrug:

After my sister's graduation my mom wouldn't stop talking about how the diploma-holder thing is "so much bigger" than mine was. I honestly don't remember how mine looked or where it even is (...or where the actual diploma is), but ok mom :p

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got my diploma at graduation; not on the stage, but we picked them up round back afterwards (with the exception of the dude whose wife went into labour midway lol. He got his mailed I think). Was nice to see that piece of paper.

Oh man. I'm glad my life isn't as much of a dumpster fire as the people on Maury.

You are the father!

Oh this is a great episode. Woman and man meet online. They go on a date, they move in together in the first date. Three days later, they get married. A week after meeting, she's pregnant.

He's denying he's the father lol

Update: he IS the father!

Reactions: 3 users
Oh this is a great episode. Woman and man meet online. They go on a date, they move in together in the first date. Three days later, they get married. A week after meeting, she's pregnant.

He's denying he's the father lol

Update: he IS the father!

Lol, these shows make me feel somewhat "normal" or "sane".

Ahhh. My favorite guy is the dude who works at Waffle House and has been seducing women with extra bacon. I laughed but I thought that it would probably work. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
What's everyone up to tonight/this weekend? I think I'm going take Gail for a hike tomorrow :)

Doing nothing. Been watching tv/ hanging out all day.

Actually I'm debating starting a new drinking game where I take a shot everytime my mom "casually" mentions that I'm too fat. It's happened thrice already today. So over this summer.

84 days.

Doing nothing. Been watching tv/ hanging out all day.

Actually I'm debating starting a new drinking game where I take a shot everytime my mom "casually" mentions that I'm too fat. It's happened thrice already today. So over this summer.

84 days.

ooooo! I love that one. I get that from my mom and grandma all the time. Whenever I go visit my grandma, the first thing she says is "OMG, you got so fat." every time. without fail. In russian, though. we're "larger" people in general, so I'm not really sure why it's an issue. it has certainly decimated any ounce of self esteem I've ever had, lol.

What's everyone up to tonight/this weekend? I think I'm going take Gail for a hike tomorrow :)

Probably something that wastes my time, get bored, do more unproductive things, take abx and go to bed early so I can rinse/repeat tomorrow

Still in the middle of the pacific:cool:

image.png

Reactions: 4 users
ooooo! I love that one. I get that from my mom and grandma all the time. Whenever I go visit my grandma, the first thing she says is "OMG, you got so fat." every time. without fail. In russian, though. we're "larger" people in general, so I'm not really sure why it's an issue. it has certainly decimated any ounce of self esteem I've ever had, lol.
I feel that

I feel that

really though -- I don't think I'd hate myself nearly as much if I wasn't told I was fat (or lazy, or worthless) for my entire life. I always assume people are looking at me and judging me, because if my mom does it, why wouldn't everyone else? it's only gotten worse as I've gotten old, too (I think people's self esteem improves as they age in general(?), but not in my case). it's destroyed relationships, and now it prevents relationships from even forming (I developed social anxiety too, woo). it's so hard to reverse this stuff.

sorry, that got depressing really quickly, but I felt like sharing.

really though -- I don't think I'd hate myself nearly as much if I wasn't told I was fat (or lazy, or worthless) for my entire life. I always assume people are looking at me and judging me, because if my mom does it, why wouldn't everyone else? it's only gotten worse as I've gotten old, too (I think people's self esteem improves as they age in general(?), but not in my case). it's destroyed relationships, and now it prevents relationships from even forming (I developed social anxiety too, woo). it's so hard to reverse this stuff.

sorry, that got depressing really quickly, but I felt like sharing.
I feel you, honestly. I don't wanna go into too much details, but yeah. I'm very similar.

I was supposed to have a hair appointment this afternoon, but apparently the salon was running behind so they called to say it's pushed back to tomorrow morning (now i have to get up early...bleehg)

But this evening fam went out to a hole-in-the-wall burger place (on recommendation from a local magazine, they had an article on unique burgers in this area so we've been trying places whenever the opportunity arises). Poor cook was swamped so it took a while to get our food, but it was worth it because it was mmmmmmm yummy. Their house-made jalapeno popper things were so good. Then we went to target and that's it :p Hopefully going to the beach or something tomorrow.

Today, which I guess was really yesterday now since it's 3am, I worked for all of 2 hours, went home, caught up on Supernatural, regretted that decision, saw Alien: Covenant, added some mental distress to my emotional distress, ate my feelings in the form of mini burgers and fries.

I have no idea what I'm doing the rest of the weekend other than working on the supernatural WW game and trying not to cry.

Today, which I guess was really yesterday now since it's 3am, I worked for all of 2 hours, went home, caught up on Supernatural, regretted that decision, saw Alien: Covenant, added some mental distress to my emotional distress, ate my feelings in the form of mini burgers and fries.

I have no idea what I'm doing the rest of the weekend other than working on the supernatural WW game and trying not to cry.
ezgif-2-d389025c0b.gif

I hope things get better for you ):

Reactions: 5 users
I realize I should have made it more clear that the emotional and mental distress mentioned in the above post were caused by a tv show and a movie. I'm fine guys! Just uh...particularly sensitive to particular events on particular tv shows. Especially ones that I've been watching for a long time.

I realize I should have made it more clear that the emotional and mental distress mentioned in the above post were caused by a tv show and a movie. I'm fine guys! Just uh...particularly sensitive to particular events on particular tv shows. Especially ones that I've been watching for a long time.
This is Supernatural! We suffer like men! :rage:
2ce63479039235ade1197ed8f4837d94.jpg

My parents put me on biscuit duty and I don't have the heart to tell them that I'm such a bad cook, I've burned a cup of Kraft Easy Mac and Cheese. Or that I've set my microwave on fire by forgetting that aluminum does the thing.

Reactions: 2 users
My parents put me on biscuit duty and I don't have the heart to tell them that I'm such a bad cook, I've burned a cup of Kraft Easy Mac and Cheese. Or that I've set my microwave on fire by forgetting that aluminum does the thing.

Hahaha when you said biscuits and mimosas for brunch, I just assumed you went out!!