The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm filling out a buddy program forum for OKState CVM and it asked me for my hobbies... what are my hobbies other than drinking, playing WW, and rabbiting in onesies with internet strangers?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm filling out a buddy program forum for OKState CVM and it asked me for my hobbies... what are my hobbies other than drinking, playing WW, and rabbiting in onesies with internet strangers?
If you change it to "socializing with consumption of substances that promote merriment, playing strategy based table top games, watching moves in comfortable clothing with future colleagues" I think it's completely acceptable!

Reactions: 1 users
I was talking with my parents about my hobbies "well... I like Netflix, and sleeping, and fine alcohol" :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My turn to command the rabbit console. Gonna start watching some quality films, starting with Count of Monte Cristo (2002) at 5:30-45
| Rabbit

Reactions: 2 users
I need to go to movie night with bear sometime soon. He actually watches something other than cartoons sometimes. ;)

Reactions: 1 users
I need to go to movie night with bear sometime soon. He actually watches something other than cartoons sometimes. ;)
Bruh I had a day with multiple live action foreign films like a week ago. Just because you were traipsing through the woods... :p

Reactions: 4 users
So I did some drinkin and thinkin, and got to wondering what the ade suffix denotes in words like "lemonade". Like who came up with that? Did some apothecary concoct it way back when? What did they use before the suffix ade was invented? Words are weird, man.

Reactions: 5 users
So I did some drinkin and thinkin, and got to wondering what the ade suffix denotes in words like "lemonade". Like who came up with that? Did some apothecary concoct it way back when? What did they use before the suffix ade was invented? Words are weird, man.
Let me Google that for you

Online Etymology Dictionary

Too late interest gone. Moved on to Festivus Seinfeld episode on tv
FestivusPole.gif

Adding peach shnapps was a bad call. Rocking out to Anna Molly by Incubus is not

Reactions: 3 users
If anyone is still up, Mulan in my rabbit!

Rabb.it/caiter92

So I'm laying in bed, fiddling with my phone when I notice something really weird happening on in my mouth. Particularly a really weird sensation with my teeth. I immediately get up to look at my mouth to see what happened and if something broke.

It's the feeling of my front teeth touching each other. They've never touched before in my life (one of the reasons I had jaw surgery in the first place). It was the greatest feeling I've had in a long time, and I teared up, knowing that it's actually starting to work and all this suffering is starting to yield results!!!! It's been an emotional day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
So I'm laying in bed, fiddling with my phone when I notice something really weird happening on in my mouth. Particularly a really weird sensation with my teeth. I immediately get up to look at my mouth to see what happened and if something broke.

It's the feeling of my front teeth touching each other. They've never touched before in my life (one of the reasons I had jaw surgery in the first place). It was the greatest feeling I've had in a long time, and I teared up, knowing that it's actually starting to work and all this suffering is starting to yield results!!!! It's been an emotional day.
I'm so happy for you cdo!!!!!!!!! :biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove:

All the pain and swelling and hard times these few weeks will be worth it soon enough :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

So I died in WW and now have nothing to fill my days with amusement except dead chat. So I came here to be amused instead, vowing to actually keep up in the watering hole thread this time. But nothing exciting occurring here today :bigtears:

(Except for cdo's teeth. Yaaaaaaay cdo!! :soexcited:)

So I died in WW and now have nothing to fill my days with amusement except dead chat. So I came here to be amused instead, vowing to actually keep up in the watering hole thread this time. But nothing exciting occurring here today :bigtears:

Yay! Yeah we're being very boring today- I've been on the couch all day, catching up on Grey's Anatomy lol

On this day one year ago, this thread was only on page 22

Reactions: 6 users

This thread isn't nearly as active now as it was a few months ago haha not much to keep up with at all really

I made my husband help me clean the house. He is not happy.

There were clothes and paperwork and dishes and bread pieces (kids like bread, but apparently not to eat :rolleyes:) and stuff they aren't allowed to touch (mostly mine because hubby only notices his stuff and actually pulls my stuff off shelves and gives it tobthe kids:rage::punch::rage:) and books and toys everywhere. We haven't been able to walk through the house without stepping on something for like 2 weeks :mad:and the kids could not help but get into trouble because the easiest way to get attention is to grab something you shouldn't have,:oops: and they were everywhere!

So, I made the hubby hold the crying baby while I cleaned until he gave up and joined in. He normally just sits around and plays a computer game that he says is boring :yeahright:or tells me about all the things I should be doing because he is useless:rolleyes: while I nurse or rock the kid to sleep (moments I should be low stress:nono:). He started this time by telling me he was gonna fall asleep next to the fussing baby while the kids pulled all the sorted clothing out of totes 5 feet away. Then he told me how I should have worked on my resume this morning:poke: (instead of feeding the goats, buying groceries, taking the kids to the park, washing laundary, feeding us all breakfast and lunch...). I lost it. :sendoff: Pulled the kids out of the totes, put them in a ring of crying around him, cleaned the living room and all 3 bedrooms in under 40 minutes. The kids instantly went back to playing with toys once they were put away and they had floor space, but hubby is mad at me for getting mad.:meh:

So now he isn't talking to me.:lame:

I love him, but :bang::bang::bang:

There were clothes and paperwork and dishes and bread pieces (kids like bread, but apparently not to eat :rolleyes:) and stuff they aren't allowed to touch (mostly mine because hubby only notices his stuff and actually pulls my stuff off shelves and gives it tobthe kids:rage::punch::rage:) and books and toys everywhere. We haven't been able to walk through the house without stepping on something for like 2 weeks :mad:and the kids could not help but get into trouble because the easiest way to get attention is to grab something you shouldn't have,:oops: and they were everywhere!

So, I made the hubby hold the crying baby while I cleaned until he gave up and joined in. He normally just sits around and plays a computer game that he says is boring :yeahright:or tells me about all the things I should be doing because he is useless:rolleyes: while I nurse or rock the kid to sleep (moments I should be low stress:nono:). He started this time by telling me he was gonna fall asleep next to the fussing baby while the kids pulled all the sorted clothing out of totes 5 feet away. Then he told me how I should have worked on my resume this morning:poke: (instead of feeding the goats, buying groceries, taking the kids to the park, washing laundary, feeding us all breakfast and lunch...). I lost it. :sendoff: Pulled the kids out of the totes, put them in a ring of crying around him, cleaned the living room and all 3 bedrooms in under 40 minutes. The kids instantly went back to playing with toys once they were put away and they had floor space, but hubby is mad at me for getting mad.:meh:

Oh dear! That's insane! (I love the ring of crying hahahaha! A mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do!)

Ugh I'm sorry LotF! I feel you, and anytime you need to vent I will always be here :)

In other news, working on building a bovine dystocia simulator to bring to our Stampede booth next week. Planned and executed in like 2 days. It's been great haha. Pictures coming once we finish the whole process tomorrow by stapling some vapour barrier to it... (This is the most rigged up sim ever and it's amazing haha. Consists of a breedin' betsy, 2x4s, vapour barrier, and ratchet straps)

Yay! Yeah we're being very boring today- I've been on the couch all day, catching up on Grey's Anatomy lol
I've been rewatching everything. I'd never watched past the episode (season 7ish?) about
an airplane
before but am about halfway done with season 10 now.