The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got home from work :dead:

I'm just trying to figure out when to go to work tomorrow. Ya know... because no one ever tells me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Never.

(Or like 9 or 10 am?)

I have a mandatory stats workshop at 3:30 and the person I may or may not be meeting with (because no one is ever clear about these things) is busy until at least 1. So I was thinking 11 or 12... and then I may end up sitting around for 3-4 hours but this is at least better than all day.

I just hope that someone doesn't decide they want me for something earlier in the day because I'll be sleepin' and message will not be received.

Never is so tempting though.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a mandatory stats workshop at 3:30 and the person I may or may not be meeting with (because no one is ever clear about these things) is busy until at least 1. So I was thinking 11 or 12... and then I may end up sitting around for 3-4 hours but this is at least better than all day.

I just hope that someone doesn't decide they want me for something earlier in the day because I'll be sleepin' and message will not be received.

Never is so tempting though.
I like 11 or 12 much better but wasn't sure if that was an option.

But yes, never is the much better option

CDO and I are watching Hercules now in Filly's room if anyone is up and wants to join!

I really really want a nap, but I'm realizing that I need to get my body in a normal sleep schedule in preparation for school.

Buttt... bed... it calls me. :sleep: So maybe I'll start that next week!

Follow your heart moana
Welp. I got dragged to lunch and then on my way home I had to pick up Simba and then my best guy friend who wasn't supposed to be in TX texted me that he needs to come over and talk. So this should be good.

And then drinks with my friend tonight. So looks like no napping today. :yeahright:

Welp. I got dragged to lunch and then on my way home I had to pick up Simba and then my best guy friend who wasn't supposed to be in TX texted me that he needs to come over and talk. So this should be good.

And then drinks with my friend tonight. So looks like no napping today. :yeahright:
Nap with your eyes open

Members don't see this ad :)
You know what sucks? Jaw surgery!

It's all blah blah blah don't eat this blah blah blah don't chew blah blah blah I'm tired of dry swallowing all my food. I just wanna chew

Bacon cheesefries. Steak. Chicken nuggets. Cheeseburger.
Mmmmm

DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO KEEP AN INCISION SITE CLEAN WHEN ITS IN THE MOUTH?

very hard. It sucks

Reactions: 2 users
@LadyOtheFarm lovin' the new goaty avatar!!! (also, have you officially decided on baby names???)
No :laugh: Only 3 of my 9 kids have official names so far this year. And I wanna bring one of the older ones to a show tomorrow...:poke:

They are daughter's to EZ Button (I call her EZ) by Stunner. I am tempted to name them after pin up models and take the "easy" way out. I'd probably use their nicknames rather than their regular names.

Betty Page - "Queen of Pinups"
Tempest Storm
Lilli St. Cyr

Or the 3 Ms: Mansfield, Monroe, and Mamie... but they aren't blond.

Or maybe go back to another idea and name them after songs with some version of the word "Hey" in them. (I named a half brother "Hey Jude" and a half sister "Hey Baby.")

Or maybe go back to another idea and name them after songs with some version of the word "Hey" in them. (I named a half brother "Hey Jude" and a half sister "Hey Baby.")
Still tempted to name one "Hey Ho"

Reactions: 3 users
Hey, Hoe, Let's go!
I'm gonna name the one I brought to the fair this. She can blame you guys :)

I can see me now.

I didn't work with this doeling enough so she is gonna be a pill, screaming her fool head off in the middle of the ring as only a nubian can, legs spread, volume enough to get the volunteer firemen looking around and make mothers clamp their hands over babies ears.

And I'm gonna be giggling and yelling things like:

- "Don't make me smack a Hoe!"

- "Settle your Hoe self down!"

- I won't have time for a bath, so she will be a "Dirty, little Hoe..."

Luckily, the yearlings will just stare at her like she is crazy, so I will have some calm.

When I got there today, I got the collars for a yearling momma and this Hoe in one hand, and the other yearling momma in the other. I call the babies and we all go walking toward the pens. The babies are 2 at 5 days and 1 at 2 weeks. They follow along just fine. The two yearlings walk slow and steady with me. The 5 month old idiot is screaming every 3 steps and trying to swivel her head every direction at once. (I am asking for trouble...)
20170717_165352-1.jpg

I'm gonna name the one I brought to the fair this. She can blame you guys :)

I can see me now.

I didn't work with this doeling enough so she is gonna be a pill, screaming her fool head off in the middle of the ring as only a nubian can, legs spread, volume enough to get the volunteer firemen looking around and make mothers clamp their hands over babies ears.

And I'm gonna be giggling and yelling things like:

- "Don't make me smack a Hoe!"

- "Settle your Hoe self down!"

- I won't have time for a bath, so she will be a "Dirty, little Hoe..."

Luckily, the yearlings will just stare at her like she is crazy, so I will have some calm.

When I got there today, I got the collars for a yearling momma and this Hoe in one hand, and the other yearling momma in the other. I call the babies and we all go walking toward the pens. The babies are 2 at 5 days and 1 at 2 weeks. They follow along just fine. The two yearlings walk slow and steady with me. The 5 month old idiot is screaming every 3 steps and trying to swivel her head every direction at once. (I am asking for trouble...)View attachment 221574
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I love it, LOTF hahaha
please have someone record all of the things you yell :nod: :laugh:

So if I made $5 off showing my Hoe, does that make me a pimp?

Reactions: 5 users
Do you mind if I ask what kind you got? I'm looking for one, and would love recommendations!
I got a Plum Paper Planner. They have different formats, it's super customizable (I even added a fitness section so every month I can record my fitness goals/ what I want to accomplish). Two sizes either 7x9 or 8 1/2 x11 (I got the bigger because I write big)

I got a 30 minute day planner because that's what I needed, but @Balesofhay got a sectioned one that basically divided the day into 6(?) categories- her four classes, meal prep, and horse stuff.

It's super colorful and cute. Plus I can customize the cover and put my name on it/ etc. (Also I found a promo code for 10% off so that's great).

Plum Paper

I can't personally vouch for the quality of these- I haven't received it myself, but I've seen a bunch of videos and did a lot of research about it and I like it.

I got a Plum Paper Planner. They have different formats, it's super customizable (I even added a fitness section so every month I can record my fitness goals/ what I want to accomplish). Two sizes either 7x9 or 8 1/2 x11 (I got the bigger because I write big)

I got a 30 minute day planner because that's what I needed, but @Balesofhay got a sectioned one that basically divided the day into 6(?) categories- her four classes, meal prep, and horse stuff.

It's super colorful and cute. Plus I can customize the cover and put my name on it/ etc. (Also I found a promo code for 10% off so that's great).

Plum Paper

I can't personally vouch for the quality of these- I haven't received it myself, but I've seen a bunch of videos and did a lot of research about it and I like it.

Someone remind me about this after I move again.

So my yearling who kidded 11 days ago, Widow, took first in her class and Champion overall. (Open class for those who speak fair)

My 4 month old, Hoe, as the youngest in her class, took first and Reserve Champion overall.

And my 19 day old, Charlette's Web, took 2nd in her age class.

I did well for my first show!

Reactions: 7 users
So my yearling who kidded 11 days ago, Widow, took first in her class and Champion overall. (Open class for those who speak fair)

My 4 month old, Hoe, as the youngest in her class, took first and Reserve Champion overall.

yay!!!! Go LOTF!'

I don't know fairs, but it seems like you did really well. Is there any kind of prize for winning, or is it just bragging rights?

Was there money to be had for the various titles?

Honestly, that's the part I liked the most about doing open shows with my rabbits, not that any of my Dutch were grand champion quality or anything but I do recall a Best of Variety or Best of Breed here and there.

I don't know fairs, but it seems like you did really well. Is there any kind of prize for winning, or is it just bragging rights?
The 4H kids get the big prizes, I got $10 for Champion and $5 for Reserve in the Open Class (meaning not 4H). TBH, my goats took top 2 out of about a dozen... and not that it means anything, but the judge said I had the prettiest yearling at the fair.

Was there money to be had for the various titles?

Honestly, that's the part I liked the most about doing open shows with my rabbits, not that any of my Dutch were grand champion quality or anything but I do recall a Best of Variety or Best of Breed here and there.
See my answer to Teep.

We have New Zealands, but they are off patterns on purpose so I can't talk myself into trying to show. I like rabbits though, so if a kid tried to talk me into it, I'd be hard pressed not to let them.

YYAYAYAYAYAYYYYYYY GO LOTF!!!!!

Plum Paper

Thank you so much for all the details! I love the idea of all the customization. I'm headed over there to check it out.