The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone interested in rabbiting tonight?
Yeah I'm interested! I'm unpacking, but I'm down!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I cringe to think what may have been accidentally posted :laugh:

Trout, PBC, and I were very well hydrated. ''Twas a fun night.

PS people come visit Canada I'm a fun host when I'm not at work. :)

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My family was assuaged by a story of me tripping off a curb. I neglected to mention how absurdly wasted I was at that particular time. :p
To clarify how wasted, between 4 of us we finished 2 bottles of tequila, 1/2 bottle of Fireball, and 12 cans of beer/cider. :p

ETA: Bottles were mickeys so small. Not full sized or we would probably have died.

Reactions: 1 user
Off to K-State in two hours. Moving in to the dorm tomorrow night. Time for Pre-vet, animal science to begin. I just hope I can do well in Chemistry and Biology. I hear the teachers aren't very good and the tests are extremely tricky. I need to keep a 3.5 for my scholarship! I admit I'm a bit nervous.

Reactions: 1 users
Off to K-State in two hours. Moving in to the dorm tomorrow night. Time for Pre-vet, animal science to begin. I just hope I can do well in Chemistry and Biology. I hear the teachers aren't very good and the tests are extremely tricky. I need to keep a 3.5 for my scholarship! I admit I'm a bit nervous.
Good luck!!!!

I should be down for rabbiting too! I think I might be having a late dinner with my friend, but other than that, I've rather missed y'all!

A big shout-out to anyone who has ever fostered a pet ... or who knows someone who has fostered a pet.

Thank you!!!! :)

foster cat poem.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
It did, I think! I learned important safety tips like how one should avoid shrubberies (because you never know what might be lurking within, like muggers) and take care when crossing the street because it's hard to explain med students getting run over by ambulances. And then I met a bunch of people, got a TB test, and received an ID with a med student tag, which makes this feel much more real.
I'm rather upset that I didn't hear this speech at orientation! Now I'm forced to walk by myself in dark parking lots near mysterious shrubberies and walk recklessly across the street!

I'm in the old phys lab (basically a giant study area that used to be a lab) with one other girl who's a 2nd or 3rd year. It's absolutely silent in here, and I accidentally got the squeakist chair ever. I'm trying to sit as still as possible but it isn't working... :laugh:

I'm in the old phys lab (basically a giant study area that used to be a lab) with one other girl who's a 2nd or 3rd year. It's absolutely silent in here, and I accidentally got the squeakist chair ever. I'm trying to sit as still as possible but it isn't working... :laugh:
Move to a different chair :p

Move to the chair right next to her, and then start breathing really heavily.

Oh wait you're trying to make it less awkward? Yeah have no experience with that.

Oh wait you're trying to make it less awkward? Yeah have no experience with that.
First day of undergrad I sat right next to someone (in a very large and mostly empty auditorium) and she got up and moved. :laugh: I thought that was how people made friends in school, but apparently not.

I went home instead. Sleep is more important (plus I got everything I needed done lol).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that'd be really funny actually.
First day of undergrad I sat right next to someone (in a very large and mostly empty auditorium) and she got up and moved. :laugh: I thought that was how people made friends in school, but apparently not.
Please please please tell me you followed her to the new seat. :laugh:

It is! This is how I met my best friend. Except she was the one that sat down next to me. And then followed me when I moved seats. And then just kept following me around for 4 years. Best friend is the same as stalker right?

It is! This is how I met my best friend. Except she was the one that sat down next to me. And then followed me when I moved seats. And then just kept following me around for 4 years. Best friend is the same as stalker right?
It worked? See, I should have been a more dedicated stalker! Now I know.

I'm considering bringing my laptop into the kitchen with me, but he's knew and I just know I'll spill soapy water or something.

I'm pretty sure I made friends my first weeks of med school by finding the people who were my height or a little shorter (I am not at all tall) and who didn't like to stay out at the mixers super late. Which pretty much means I made friends with all the Indian women in my class.

It's weird now that I pass as male as well as passing as white. I'm hoping my utterly non-threatening vibe keeps it from being creepy.

Reactions: 2 users
I will refer you to this picture that she and I have decided was the basis of our friendship.
Friendship-is-so-weird...jpg
That's how my current group got started. A married couple I worked with just adopted all of us and fed us once a week at their house. Home-cooked food and reality tv brought us together, and here we are. :p

With my non-school bestie, our eyes connected at synagogue at a high holidays service and we knew we had something in common. We didn't actually meet until about 6 months later when we joined the same facebook group, but we'd seriously just each caught the other's eye and knew instantly that they were one of us.

With my non-school bestie, our eyes connected at synagogue at a high holidays service and we knew we had something in common. We didn't actually meet until about 6 months later when we joined the same facebook group, but we'd seriously just each caught the other's eye and knew instantly that they were one of us.

A fellow jew :biglove:

One best friend I met because we were managing a theatre stage crew together. Instantly disliked her but after several months of being forced to work together we became incredibly close and she is the only friend I have stayed super close with since high school.

Other one met, went "we would be best friends" when I met her, and then forcibly made that happen when I found out we were both going on the same school trip. Low and behold, I was right. :)