The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Someone hold me, I'm short a letter of recommendation and apps are due in two weeks. I literally can't sleep at night I'm so anxious.
Have you heard back? Did they get it submitted?

Members don't see this ad.

Ya'll I failed my gateway exam that lets me take upper level biology courses (cause that's how life goes ig) so I'm 3 weeks into a semester that I'm totally unmotivated for BUT I found this CliffNotes Biology book in the bookstore which is basically an overview of basic bio and I'm super pumped to read it and add it to my studying for when I retake the exam in December andddd yea

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ya'll I failed my gateway exam that lets me take upper level biology courses (cause that's how life goes ig) so I'm 3 weeks into a semester that I'm totally unmotivated for BUT I found this CliffNotes Biology book in the bookstore which is basically an overview of basic bio and I'm super pumped to read it and add it to my studying for when I retake the exam in December andddd yea
Sending good thoughts to you! :)

Soft kitty, warm kitty
Little ball of fur

Happy kitty, sleepy kitty
Purr, purr, purr

IMG_1737.JPG

Reactions: 7 users
She's still getting used to our new place and this was the first time she's fallen asleep somewhere that isn't under my bed, so I guess that's a good sign? I have the day off so I'm pretty much spending all day with her to groom her and give her the attention I haven't been giving her haha

Reactions: 1 users
She's still getting used to our new place and this was the first time she's fallen asleep somewhere that isn't under my bed, so I guess that's a good sign? I have the day off so I'm pretty much spending all day with her to groom her and give her the attention I haven't been giving her haha

Forgot you had posted a picture of cat.
While reading this post, spent the entire time wondering who is this "she"? Why does Cheez think we know who he's talking about? Why is she sleeping under a bed instead of on one?

Scrolled up. Got it now.

Reactions: 4 users
Why is she sleeping under a bed instead of on one?

Scrolled up. Got it now.
I mean I've been called a jerk but I'm not so abusive I'd make a person sleep under a bed :laugh:

and I'm not a physical touch person, so grooming a person is way out of the questions

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not doing a whole lot, so I'm sure we can figure out a time that works for most people. Also I have no idea how to go about setting a game up, so someone else might have to do that. :)

For the uninitiated, CAH is an online Cards Against Humanity. And we use rabbit to voice chat or text chat because the in-game chat option is less nice. Come play!

My school had a pre-exam "hydration station" thing, but it was just funny-flavored waters. Disappointing.

Did you get it to work? It said room was locked when I clicked the link. I might have to find something on my own on netflix for background noise while I study.

In the latest thrilling episode of "Cdo gives her local fire department job security" I managed to set off my smoke detectors in my kitchen. Smoke went away. I then caught a tortilla on fire. I should not be allowed in a kitchen

Reactions: 5 users
In the latest thrilling episode of "Cdo gives her local fire department job security" I managed to set off my smoke detectors in my kitchen. Smoke went away. I then caught a tortilla on fire. I should not be allowed in a kitchen
How did you catch a tortilla on fire??

Actually, CDO saw the fb post about the hot policemen in Florida and decided to check out her local fire department. :naughty:

Actually, CDO saw the fb post about the hot policemen in Florida and decided to check out her local fire department. :naughty:
Shhhh don't reveal my secrets. This is how I always make sure I keep my firemen in line. I'm missing a cat, otherwise I'd stick it up a tree and get help that way too! ;)
I know someone who lives Gainesville. Random SDN meetup site? Haha.
I'm down! Might steal a dog while I'm there, but we just won't tell anyone! ;)

This is hilarious and I can't stop smiling. :cat:

Your culinary skills are unique!

Have you considered moving next to a fire station?

firefighter.gif

Reactions: 2 users
If you steal a dog, the cops will certainly show up. ;)
worth it.
This is hilarious and I can't stop smiling. :cat:

Your culinary skills are unique!

Have you considered moving next to a fire station?

View attachment 223544
I actually live down the street from a fire station. :love: But my cilantro lime chicken tacos were absolutely amazing- so accidentally lighting my kitchen on fire was worth it.

IMG_4126.JPG

So apparently you're not supposed to place the tortilla directly on the stove if it's not a gas stove. Mine was an electric. Instant poof.
OMG ... I love this one! Hahaha! It's priceless! :)

Would you like me to send you a fire-fighting dog to keep in your home?

fire dog.jpg

Or an awesome chef cat that also knows how to make everything, including pizza?

Chef-cat.jpg

Last edited: