The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes.

Pretty much the main reason I even joined SAVMA tbh. It sounds like it will be a lot of us.
We have to join SAVMA in order to join any clubs.

Still interested in going to the symposium tho, mainly for SDN meetup :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You take that back!
dL3ouIY.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 6 users
If I get one or two confirmations I'll totes get an airbnb apartment and we can stash people on couches and such. :D
Flights actually look pretty reasonable! I think I could make it work, especially if we're sharing an airbnb or something.

I'm going to be staying with family friends/house sitting since they are leaving the country the day after I get there, so I may have some extra room as well, I'll just have to talk to them about it :)

Ugh you people make me want to go! I have class... but can probably miss it. Also flights. That's a deal breaker, I'll have to check flight prices. If I do go can I stay with Trilt or Dubz? That sounds amazing :love:

Reactions: 3 users
Unrelated to the current conversation, but I remember at some point we were discussing the movie Raw, basically it's about a vet student turned cannibal (I haven't seen it myself, just stumbled across the synopsis online). Well, I just noticed it's on Netflix now if anyone's feeling daring. :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
Unrelated to the current conversation, but I remember at some point we were discussing the movie Raw, basically it's about a vet student turned cannibal (I haven't seen it myself, just stumbled across the synopsis online). Well, I just noticed it's on Netflix now if anyone's feeling daring. :laugh:

I clearly missed this conversation...

Reactions: 1 users
Guess I'd better put that one on my list

We have to join SAVMA in order to join any clubs.

Still interested in going to the symposium tho, mainly for SDN meetup :laugh:

Sidenote, but I really hate that about some vet schools. I worked as a pet food donation coordinator for one of our animal welfare clubs while in vet school, and when SCAVMA/SAVMA/whatever found out I wasn't a member of theirs (I don't particularly like the AVMA), they threatened to kick me out of my position (in a totally different club!) unless I joined. Bunch of snots. Any new clubs also had to be approved by SCAVMA, which added a second coat of of stupidity.

(Long story short, I resigned my position rather than let them bully me into joining. I didn't like some prissy student org telling me I can't perform voluntary community service with another club unless I kiss their behinds)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Sidenote, but I really hate that about some vet schools. I worked as a pet food donation coordinator for one of our animal welfare clubs while in vet school, and when SCAVMA/SAVMA/whatever found out I wasn't a member of theirs (I don't particularly like the AVMA), they threatened to kick me out of my position (in a totally different club!) unless I joined. Bunch of snots. Any new clubs also had to be approved by SCAVMA, which added a second coat of of stupidity.

(Long story short, I resigned my position rather than let them bully me into joining. I didn't like some prissy student org telling me I can't perform voluntary community service with another club unless I kiss their behinds)
Oh yeah. That’s really annoying actually. Ugh, I’m sorry you had to deal with that, because that’s frustrating.

Oh yeah. That’s really annoying actually. Ugh, I’m sorry you had to deal with that, because that’s frustrating.

I have little issue with most chapters but ours at the time I was in school was particularly self-important (and didn't really do much for the student body to boot). It has improved since then or so I hear.

Not really a rant or a rave, but I finished a grant proposal today. (A day ahead of schedule even, since it isn't due until Wednesday afternoon!) It's not for anything super competitive or even for much money, but I'm just so glad to get this thing off of my desk. It was like pulling teeth to motivate myself to get this thing done. Now on to the next project/deadline.

Reactions: 6 users
We're an umbrella school too but not quite as strict about it. I feel like if you're providing a service it shouldn't matter, we're just not supposed to let people participate in wet labs or get food at club meetings if they're not members. And it makes sense because our chapter provides funding to the clubs based on membership.

Is anyone rabbiting? need to somehow stay awake tonight.

So I mean... I'll be in my rabbit room making no noise and pretending I don't exist unless someone opens up a different room. Feel free to join me in such exciting activities as counting ceiling tiles, watching paint dry, and mindlessly humming. Or don't. That's totally cool too.