The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
guyzzzz im so bored

its my first friday night off in forever, and i want to go and do something fun, but one of my best friends moved out of the state at the end of Feb and my other best friend is moving out of state in like 2 weeks so she's busy packing, and all my other friends live on the west side in LA and the orange cheeto king overlord is in town so traffic is especially horrendous and they don't want to leave their enclave (not that anybody on the west side is ever really willing to venture outside of the west side.... but still)

*pouts*
Is there a bar in your area that people in your demographic usually hang out at? Sorry if the phrasing sounds weird, but I mean a place that’s not a dive where a girl in her 20’s can go to alone and not feel skeaved out lol. In Philly there are a ton like that all over the place so it’s pretty easy to just go over to one, sit at the bar with a drink, and talk to people your age for a few hours. I do it from time to time if I really want to do something other than vegetate on the couch like I usually do. If there’s a place like that near you in LA, try that!

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a bar in your area that people in your demographic usually hang out at? Sorry if the phrasing sounds weird, but I mean a place that’s not a dive where a girl in her 20’s can go to alone and not feel skeaved out lol. In Philly there are a ton like that all over the place so it’s pretty easy to just go over to one, sit at the bar with a drink, and talk to people your age for a few hours. I do it from time to time if I really want to do something other than vegetate on the couch like I usually do. If there’s a place like that near you in LA, try that!

Lol no there definitely is not. I live behind a strip mall next to a motel I’m not going anywhere near my apartment alone.
I’m super excited to be in philly soon

Lol no there definitely is not. I live behind a strip mall next to a motel I’m not going anywhere near my apartment alone.
I’m super excited to be in philly soon
Oh that’s definitely a good idea hahahaha!
I promise when you get here you’ll never feel like you don’t have something to do! Well, when school isn’t overtaking everyone’s lives. There’s always somewhere to go and people are surprisingly nice contrary to what people say about the east coast.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
could webcam n rabbit? +/- hydration

Reactions: 1 users
Snapchat-1627163241.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure if this was already mentioned but it's possible to search through forums and threads as before:

Search.jpg

So for WW threads, you can search for someone's posts by selecting the "This Thread" option.

Not sure if this was already mentioned but it's possible to search through forums and threads as before:

View attachment 256880

So for WW threads, you can search for someone's posts by selecting the "This Thread" option.
...that has been there since the update came out lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Yesterday I learned that Letterkenny is the new American perceived view on Canadians. Been asked at least 3 times whether it is an accurate representation :laugh:
I figured it was an exaggeration like most things, plus they make it pretty clear they're representing very particular subpopulations lol

Hydration drama. I've been told my class has much more drama than other classes. I believe it. Surprisingly no one I really know has oodles of drama, I just manage to find myself in the middle of it anyhow. It's like an unwelcome superpower.

I walked into 7-11 to get an entire pizza (first depressing thing of the night). I asked for one. The guy said “like, a whole pizza.” Yes. Then he said “do you want one or two? Because they’re buy one get one free for $5.49.” So obviously I bought two. I was going to give one to some drunk dudes sitting outside but a police officer was pulling up to them, and they were talking about mixing bleach and ammonia to kill cockroaches so I decided not to reward their bad decision making and left. Now I have 2 large pepperoni pizzas from 7-11 that I ate at 10:00 pm. I’m a garbage human being.

I walked into 7-11 to get an entire pizza (first depressing thing of the night). I asked for one. The guy said “like, a whole pizza.” Yes. Then he said “do you want one or two? Because they’re buy one get one free for $5.49.” So obviously I bought two. I was going to give one to some drunk dudes sitting outside but a police officer was pulling up to them, and they were talking about mixing bleach and ammonia to kill cockroaches so I decided not to reward their bad decision making and left. Now I have 2 large pepperoni pizzas from 7-11 that I ate at 10:00 pm. I’m a garbage human being.

i don't understand why these 2 sentences are together.

you have 2 large pepperoni pizzas

REJOICE

Reactions: 3 users
i don't understand why these 2 sentences are together.

you have 2 large pepperoni pizzas

REJOICE
I think it’s the 7-11 part. Not to mention this is the third pizza I’ve had in 4 days. BUT what I can’t apologize to myself for is the fact that this pizza is actually pretty damn good.

Speaking of crazy pharm ish. I prescribed a med today that was like, idk, $200,000 for the course of treatment. Feelsweirdman. American healthcare, amirite?
I’m reviewing for my hemolymph exam, and my professor was telling us about this fantastic adjunctive immunomodulatory agent that you can use to treat IMHA, (human intravenous immunoglobulin) but it’s like never used because it’s all caps expensive, with two exclamation points.

It’s $2000-3000 and can only be given once.

I thought about this post and got mad again :laugh:

Would have had some surely entertaining content to supply this thread last night.

Post-final exam glass of wine turned into "why don't I have a few friends over for drinks!" which turned into who knows what because none of us remember.

Gotta love vet school :laugh:

Reactions: 3 users