The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, so just curious for those of you who use an iPad to take notes in class, what app do you use? I was thinking of switching to using my iPad for note taking next semester. My one concern is I have an iPad Mini and a Wacom Bamboo pen, so I my device isn't compatible with an Apple Pencil, not to mention I was kind of concerned about the screen size. Also the Bamboo pen is only compatible with certain apps (I mean it technically still works as a regular hundred dollar stylus I guess but…)—these are Bamboo Paper, Good Notes, Notes Plus, Noteshelf, and ZoomNotes, plus some art-related apps. Out of these, I've only tried Bamboo Paper but it wasn't my favorite because I couldn't find a way to import PowerPoints and I felt like the writing was awkward. The others all cost money and I'm cheap af so I don't want to try them out unless I'm reasonably sure I'll like it.

Hey, so just curious for those of you who use an iPad to take notes in class, what app do you use? I was thinking of switching to using my iPad for note taking next semester. My one concern is I have an iPad Mini and a Wacom Bamboo pen, so I my device isn't compatible with an Apple Pencil, not to mention I was kind of concerned about the screen size. Also the Bamboo pen is only compatible with certain apps (I mean it technically still works as a regular hundred dollar stylus I guess but…)—these are Bamboo Paper, Good Notes, Notes Plus, Noteshelf, and ZoomNotes, plus some art-related apps. Out of these, I've only tried Bamboo Paper but it wasn't my favorite because I couldn't find a way to import PowerPoints and I felt like the writing was awkward. The others all cost money and I'm cheap af so I don't want to try them out unless I'm reasonably sure I'll like it.
NOTABILITY

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also not compatible.
Which, again, like I can still use it as a plain old regular stylus, but it's meant to connect via Bluetooth to have fancy ~pressure sensitivity~ and two buttons that you can map to, like, undo and stuff, and I can only do that on compatible apps. And it just feels like it's going to waste otherwise…or something.
(Also, Coop, your reaction to that made me lol)

Reactions: 1 user
Also not compatible.
Which, again, like I can still use it as a plain old regular stylus, but it's meant to connect via Bluetooth to have fancy ~pressure sensitivity~ and two buttons that you can map to, like, undo and stuff, and I can only do that on compatible apps. And it just feels like it's going to waste otherwise…or something.
Reactions are my bread and butter ;)

On a completely unrelated note, I gave my first three immunizations today (all 3 NS though), two IM and one SQ, and they were not terrible. The SQ was a little terrifying though.

Reactions: 3 users
Also not compatible.
That's super weird. What apps is it compatible with?

Also not compatible.
Does pressure sensitivity matter that much when taking notes and annotating PowerPoints or PDFs though? I understand why it'd suck to buy a fancy WACOM stylus and not want to use its features, but for just handwriting text and drawing arrows and lines and doodads, meh. :shrug:

Or spring for an expensive WACOM tablet. Or just get an iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil.

Otherwise, the only realistic solution while still being cheap af is to just not use the Bluetooth pressure sensitivity features.

And go with...

NOTABILITY

The first reviews for detective pikachu have started trickling in and they're generally positive and I have such HYPE within me.

Reactions: 6 users
The first reviews for detective pikachu have started trickling in and they're generally positive and I have such HYPE within me.

Did you think anything that was Ryan Reynolds + Pokémon would not be fantastic?

Reactions: 5 users
Does pressure sensitivity matter that much when taking notes and annotating PowerPoints or PDFs though? I understand why it'd suck to buy a fancy WACOM stylus and not want to use its features, but for just handwriting text and drawing arrows and lines and doodads, meh. :shrug:

Or spring for an expensive WACOM tablet. Or just get an iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil.

Otherwise, the only realistic solution while still being cheap af is to just not use the Bluetooth pressure sensitivity features.

And go with...

NOTABILITY
I mean you're probably right, but at the same time…
76EA928E-0FC1-4386-8A85-817C78B94C99.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
I approve of the size of that beer! Cannot see the bowling score to evaluate

Bowling score was low

My friend and I tag teamed it under the collective name “the dude”

Or el duderino if you’re not into the whole brevity thing

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I’m shomer Shabbos Donny

That means that I don't work, I don't drive a car, I don't ****ing ride in a car, I don't handle money, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as **** DON'T ****ING ROLL!

Watched How to Train Your Dragon Last night...

Thoughts:
1). Couldn’t help but think of @DVMDream. To me Toothless and DVMdream are the same.
2) someone who loves aviation was involved in the flying sequences, made me happy,
3) liked the movie,
4) but I have to say, part of the moral of the story that if you just treat wild animals with love and like pets and everything will be just fine is a little scary. Now I know why all those tourists end up getting mauled by lions and the like.

Reactions: 7 users
part of the moral of the story that if you just treat wild animals with love and like pets and everything will be just fine is a little scary. Now I know why all those tourists end up getting mauled by lions and the like.
How to actually train a dragon:

TL;DW - You wouldn't be able to train your dragon because lizards literally do not have the mental capacity to be trained.

• Haha
Watched How to Train Your Dragon Last night...

Thoughts:
4) but I have to say, part of the moral of the story that if you just treat wild animals with love and like pets and everything will be just fine is a little scary. Now I know why all those tourists end up getting mauled by lions and the like.
Yea and all those videos on YouTube from people who work with big cats. One guy always posts videos about how he gained the trust of a few cheetahs. He’s pretty responsible and if you watch the videos in their entirety, he talks about how big cats are very dangerous (especially ambush predators like lions). But if you, like a vast number of people, only read the title of the videos and don’t watch them, you’ll get the impression that these animals can be tamed more than they really can.