The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any Canadians here? Your "hydro bill" is the same as our "electric bill," right? Hydro isn't referring to the water bill?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Any Canadians here? Your "hydro bill" is the same as our "electric bill," right? Hydro isn't referring to the water bill?
In my hometown yes hydro is electricity ("hydro power bill" is another term I've heard used). In my school city I haven't heard it called that. I'm assuming it is because hydro power is not the main electricity generator in that region.

Reactions: 1 users

It's very regional. I can only speak for the recent places I've lived but in Alberta it's mostly always your "electric bill". Just moved to Nova Scotia and paid my first "hydro bill".

Normally what I've seen is most people east of Ontario call it hydro, Ontario can vary, and most people west of Ontario call it electric. Of course, there are exceptions and most people will understand either term.

Members don't see this ad :)
@WildZoo the rights to your name should really be worth more :thinking:
Screenshot_20200529-193548.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
His parents maybe? That is an very military attitude that I haven't seen in civilian life really.
Non-military here and my mom insisted only being no less than 15mins early to everything throughout my childhood. It carries over to now where I cannot stand being late but also don’t want to be the first person at any given thing. People that are chronically late drive me nuts!

Reactions: 6 users
His parents maybe? That is an very military attitude that I haven't seen in civilian life really.

Neither of his parents seemed military from the stories he's told. He's just kind of a tough love, I don't give a rats azz, screw everything kinda guy. He seemed to have a tough childhood.

Not sure where to post this so here seemed right, but I hope everyone, especially those in big cities, have been staying safe! Things have been very chaotic overnight here, and I can imagine the same is happening elsewhere.

I’m open to hosting jackbox games tonight if there’s enough interest from people who want to join!

Members don't see this ad :)
I finally had a chance to catch-up reading the vettie posts today. You've been busy!

* Found out I'm still a member of @allieh8607 and @WildZoo family tree for WW games.
:love:

* Found out I missed lots of SDN birthdays - very sorry! "Happy Birthday" to everyone who had a birthday between mid-March and today.

hapbday.gif

* Found out I have no idea what "jackbox" means - yup, clueless.

duns.gif

* Found out some of you graduated with your DVM degree or VMD degree; or some of you are now VM2, or VM3, or VM4; or some of you were recently accepted as incoming VM1s.

veterinarian.gif

* Found out some of you are working in new jobs - awesome!
:soexcited:

* Found out some peeps might even have a luuuv life - well sort of - congrats! :)

audience.gif

Still sending good thoughts to everyone - hope you're doing well! :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
is anything going on tonight

still at work but leaving soon

I’m alive I just forget to check SDN. Working full time has me dead and asleep by like 11 PM and for those that know me that’s super early lol

Reactions: 1 user
I’m alive I just forget to check SDN. Working full time has me dead and asleep by like 11 PM and for those that know me that’s super early lol

Jackbox Party tonight if anyone wants to join. It’ll start pretty late around 11 PM est but I don’t have work tomorrow so I can be up late :heckyeah: I’ll post the link later!

• Wow
I potentially would have if I didn't have to get up at 4 for work

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Won’t be able to go on tonight- I’m waking up super early tomorrow morning and am actually going to sleep right now lol

I found a place basically right next to where I live that sells frozen soup dumplings for almost half the price of the ones I buy for takeout. I’ve never been more excited about anything in my entire life.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Would anyone else find any value in a vet recommended apparel thread? I feel like now that I'm a baby vet all my school clothes are in rough shape from 4th year rotations, I have my first paycheck, and I'm sitting here like "I swear someone recommended a certain brand of shirts once but I can't for the life of me remember what they were..."

Didn't want to make a thread if no one else feels the same but I feel like one thread of tried and tested shoes, pants, scrubs, polos etc would be very helpful for my brain, if not for my pocket book

(In other news, I'm trying to decide what pair of betabrand pants should be my first as I took a job where I have to wear dress pants 5x a week and discovered they DO offer a 34" inseam on some styles!)

Reactions: 4 users
Would anyone else find any value in a vet recommended apparel thread? I feel like now that I'm a baby vet all my school clothes are in rough shape from 4th year rotations, I have my first paycheck, and I'm sitting here like "I swear someone recommended a certain brand of shirts once but I can't for the life of me remember what they were..."

Didn't want to make a thread if no one else feels the same but I feel like one thread of tried and tested shoes, pants, scrubs, polos etc would be very helpful for my brain, if not for my pocket book

(In other news, I'm trying to decide what pair of betabrand pants should be my first as I took a job where I have to wear dress pants 5x a week and discovered they DO offer a 34" inseam on some styles!)

I agree! I have read through various threads, but at this point I have no clue who recommended what shoes or what scrubs or anything. I think it would be helpful!

I can probably host a Jackbox/game night on Zoom tomorrow at 9 pm if people are interested. Let me know!

Reactions: 2 users
I can probably host a Jackbox/game night on Zoom tomorrow at 9 pm if people are interested. Let me know!
Heres the link for tonight 9 pm EST: Zoom SDN Game Night Link

I enabled join before host so hopefully this works. The password is SDN.

Last edited: