The West Coast or the East Coast?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilalee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between Western University and Tufts University.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, a good place to start is living. Pomona and Boston are pretty different.

I would pick WesternU. I think it is cheaper than Tufts in tuition and it is most certainly cheaper when it comes to living costs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Choose the opposite coast from which you're from! Experience something while you're still young :D

Reactions: 1 user
Choose the opposite coast from which you're from! Experience something while you're still young :D

Meaning for the no-coast people like us midwesterners, time to move to Europe.

Reactions: 1 users
I've been in Boston for 6 years since I went to college here. Tufts has a nice everything (facility, technology, faculty, etc) but it seems a bit... frigid/strict almost?
Western was much more inviting (personal tour guides, very detail-oriented administrators, etc)
I also like Western's integrated curriculum but it's not as well known/established as Tufts and it's in the middle of nowhere. Also, the most important thing is that Im not planning on staying in CA after graduation so I'd have to take the east coast license exam again and build up my network from scratch...
i dunno!!! :0 gahhh

Speaking of tuition, yeah Western is a bit cheaper but if i'll be in Pomona, car is a necessity imo.. so with gas, insurance, and car lease... wouldn't it equal out?

I live in Southern California and pamona is kind of a dump. You don't get that "perfect" California weather out there. It's a hot smelly asphalt jungle in the summer and the winter will be nice. I haven't been to Boston so I can't help there. I think tufts would be a better school but what do I know!? Good luck my friend! Congrats on the acceptances!

I live in Southern California and pamona is kind of a dump. You don't get that "perfect" California weather out there. It's a hot smelly asphalt jungle in the summer and the winter will be nice. I haven't been to Boston so I can't help there. I think tufts would be a better school but what do I know!? Good luck my friend! Congrats on the acceptances!

I agree, Pomona wasn't my favorite town, I don't know if I would want to live in Pomona. A lot of the students I spoke with at the interview live outside of Pomona and commute to school. I have never been to Boston but it could be better if you want to live in close proximity to the school.--best people to ask about this are current students at Tufts U. Congrats!

Reactions: 1 user
I would pick WesternU. I think it is cheaper than Tufts in tuition and it is most certainly cheaper when it comes to living costs.

I'm not sure how much COL is in Boston (I know it is high) but you'd be horribly surprised at how much rent can cost in a bad California town such as Pomona. At least in Boston you are paying for what you get?

thanks for the input!! guess it may be tufts after all.. harhar