The "What are you going to do for a year" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpikeyMike83

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So what is everyone going to do if they don't get into dental school for the fall of 2006?

It's becoming a real and unfortunate possibility for me, so I was just wondering what people plan to do for a year (work, school etc) before re-applying.

Members don't see this ad.

When did you submit your application? I submitted mine real early but I didn't take the DAT until late October. I have one interview at NJ in Febuary but I'm not expecting to get since its pretty late and I'm not a NJ resident. But I still have hopes for NYU! Anyways, if I don't get in this year I will continue working as a MGMT trainee...but hopefully that will not be the case.

SpikeyMike83 said:
So what is everyone going to do if they don't get into dental school for the fall of 2006?

It's becoming a real and unfortunate possibility for me, so I was just wondering what people plan to do for a year (work, school etc) before re-applying.

With your grades you should be okay. Just have patients because there is still plenty of time.... if you don't get in just keep busy and continue pursuing your goals.

Members don't see this ad :)
decay26 said:
With your grades you should be okay. Just have patients because there is still plenty of time.... if you don't get in just keep busy and continue pursuing your goals.
Have patients? Before becoming a dentist? Is that ethical?

haha. cute. patients. heheh

I have sent in secondaries to NOVA and Louisville... and VCU has been evaluating me since 10-28... but no interviews. With most of the acceptance letters having been sent out, I don't think there is much of a chance for me this year.