The "Why Doesn't this Thread Die With the Rest of Them?" Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

defrunner

I'm Greased Up
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
taylormade44 said:
Why didn't this thread die with the rest of them?

This is the official (or non-official, I really don't care) thread for the people who hate the other threads, such as the "MCAT 33" thread, the "What are my chances if I have a 40 MCAT and 4.0 GPA" thread, the "Blah blah blah" thread, and so on.

Why doesn't this thread just die already? Please kill it and put it out of its misery. Die thread die!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, everyone took me seriously and actually let this thread die like I said.

Guess my humor is unappreciated in its own time. Ah well. Can't win 'em all.

:)

I particularly despise the "blah blah blah" thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Top 5 Pre-Allo threads that need to be permanently "retired"

5. Do med schools care where you go to undergrad?
4. Hey I HAv a ? 4 all U pre-meds oot thar (and any thread with copious spelling errors and poor syntax...usually a long winded rant)
3. Feinberg or Pritzker?
2. I have a 38 MCAT and a 3.9 GPA. What are my chances?
1. Any white, male pre-meds out there? (and the related AA discussion)

5. Do med schools care where you go to undergrad?

I agree with this one. There is always 5 of these every day.

i feel for the people who post about it, but a simple search can yield your answers. for example there are WAY too many threads about these topics:

1) My AMCAS isn't even verified and i'm receiving secondaries!!
2) It's been 2 weeks since my transcripts were sent and AMCAS still hasn't received them, is something wrong?

Right. We already have a thread about when people are getting verified, what the wait times are, what secondaries are out, what the questions are.

My other "favorite" is the complaining about AMCAS rules. Biochemistry is counted as Chemistry. You can find this in the HELP section. Once you submit, you can't make changes. Yes you can add schools. No you can't take away schools. Stuff you could have figured out if you read the instructions!! :)

"I have a 3.9 and great ECs and a 32 MCAT, but it's a little unbalanced- (15, 15, 2) Will that hurt me?" :laugh:

jackieMD2007 said:
Right. We already have a thread about when people are getting verified, what the wait times are, what secondaries are out, what the questions are.

My other "favorite" is the complaining about AMCAS rules. Biochemistry is counted as Chemistry. You can find this in the HELP section. Once you submit, you can't make changes. Yes you can add schools. No you can't take away schools. Stuff you could have figured out if you read the instructions!! :)

My "friend" can't decide what type of minority she is for her applications. Otherwise known as the convoluted mess that is "reaaaach school secondaries...worth the money"

Dr Durden said:
My "friend" can't decide what type of minority she is for her applications. Otherwise known as the convoluted mess that is "reaaaach school secondaries...worth the money"

For your information, I was the original "undercover gunner" in my tagline, that is, before I became Danjo's love slave. Don't want you to think you're being original. :p

Trust me, I never intended to take credit for it (though I did borrow your UCSB line amongst friends). But don't worry, you'll be the only applicant this cycle with Chuck Norris Approval on her AMCAS EC list.

"I'm studying to take the MCAT in a year and half. I want to get a 36+...is that possible?"

The "would you eat a poop hot dog" thread. :mad:

ADeadLois said:
"I'm studying to take the MCAT in a year and half. I want to get a 36+...is that possible?"

Oh! Or it's close relative, "I have a 4.0 and excellent EC's and am planning on getting a 35 on the MCAT! What are my chances?!"

Dr. Durden, no biggie. Just thought I'd represent. That R I got on the writing sample is definitely for Represent. That's all.

jackieMD2007 said:
Oh! Or it's close relative, "I have a 4.0 and excellent EC's and am planning on getting a 35 on the MCAT! What are my chances?!"

Dr. Durden, no biggie. Just thought I'd represent. That R I got on the writing sample is definitely for Represent. That's all.

Haha, good call Jackie. I love when people project their MCAT scores before they start studying.

ADeadLois said:
Haha, good call Jackie. I love when people project their MCAT scores before they start studying.

Yeah, I was planning on getting a 45T....hm. Somehow that didn't work out exactly as I, um, planned. Maybe I should have gone to Harvard. Dammit. :laugh:

Please, someone send me bootleg MCATs AND the score conversions by private message.

I also have a question JUST for that one adcom member. What's her name again?