The Worst MCAT of All Time (Read this and you'll probably agree)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Who MD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wish I were making this up (and I apologize if this is long, but it's an insane read). So Im taking the August MCAT. We begin at the scheduled time doing PS. Im going at a great clip, my mind is rocking, and I'm hitting my triads like CLOCKWORK. 40 minutes into the test, I'm immersed in darkness. The power went out (no windows).

The proctors scramble to make calls to MCAT and campus security. She tells us to get up and take a 10 minute break.

This 10 minute break turns into a 30 minute one. She decides to stroll us over to another buidling. It has small creaky desks, small bathrooms, and only 3 windows. Still no power or AC.

We do the rest of PS, however, it's so overcast there really isn't enough light to see well. As you can imagine, I'm also taking this test as both my rythm has been broken, feelings of being cheated by fate, and nagging thoughts of whether I should void this test or not. The proctors call time. 5 minutes early.

By this point it's only getting darker out. It's so bad you would literally have troubles reading the page, much less do so in a comfortable fashion. The hallways in the building are powered by generator, so she allows people to move their desks out there to take the test (FIRE HAZARD). Pretty much everyone wants to do it out there, so eventually she begins actively discouraging people from doing so.

Anyway, this hokey pokey takes waaay too much time. She gives us our PS sections back, allowing us to have 5 more minutes to make up for what was taken. Now this is pure BS. 5 minutes won't do squat for me if I'm answering a passage I can hardly remember.

After we finish PS, the light in the (crowded) hallway dies. 5 minutes later, all the power is restored (still no AC in the building I guess). She makes all the students in the hallway move back into the class with the remaining students. She decides not to move us back to the original location even after lunch break. Regardless, we begin the Verbal section at 1 PM.

After verbal, the proctors (btw, the proctors were both female, but one was more dominant than the other so when I use the pronoun "she" I am referring to this proctor) make the announcement to return from lunch in 30 minutes. We all tell her that lunch is supposed to be an hour. She tells us that she has decided to make lunch shorter so that we dont stay after 7 pm. As you can imagine the uproar over this decision was immense. She completely came across as making a selfish decision, because SHE didnt want to hang around. THIS IS MY LIFE WOMAN!

This lunch was composed of me rushing a lunch, being able to do very little relaxing or studying, and dashing to the men's bathroom to go #2. Since these bathrooms are so small, I had to endure the humiliation of running over to the women's bathroom.

I take my writing section. At 530 PM we conclude by taking the BS section (in other words, we finished the exam at 7 pm). As you can imagine, the physical and emotional drain of the entire day has left me completely exhausted. I can tell I'm having troubles focusing because of my fatigue.

I'm a grown man of 22 and I came home from this exam trying to keep from bawling. I have never felt so cheated and robbed in my life. I worked so hard and sacrificed so much. I could understand if this were due to a personal failure on my part, but I felt as though I came in having done everything right. I expected and pushed myself to the limit to ensure this exam would be a feather in my cap for an application. I instructed everyone with me at this exam to write a letter to MCAT detailing our almost unbelievable misfortune. I have no idea how this situation can even be reconciled. I hate being negative, but this experience is very crushing. I feel as though 3 months of sacrifice have been flushed down the drain, along with a year of future earnings. It's crazy how much a day can change your life.

Members don't see this ad.

:eek: WOW...................... REALLY SUCKS TO HEAR THAT...I thought my experience was bad. You should DEFINITELY write an email to AAMC.

gujuDoc said:
Agreed, you should write to them and tell them everything that happened.
From what I understand I need to write a formal letter of explanation. I'm guessing I will get a letter of apology and that I'll have a letter I can forward to med schools explaining what happened that day with my score. This is pure BS. How far does this letter take me? Probably not much. It doesnt prove anything in terms of my ability. I highly doubt they could make some sort of score adjustment. My college workload prevents me from taking it in April, and having to go through this entire song and dance all over again in August is horrendously unfair (especially when I wanted to move on and do more exciting things to spice up my application). I'm applying as a senior as it is; this horrendous set of events shouldn't cost me a year of my life, make my application artificially weaker, or, (above all else) my ability to get into med school. Imagine my heartbreak being multiplied by everyone else who took this test that day!

Members don't see this ad :)
You should go ahead and apply with that apology letter at least (once you get it that is)...who knows you might be allright and not have to take it again. Just keep hope for now :).

Ohmigosh, that is horrible. I'm so sorry you had to endure that. I would have been crying all through lunch and probably just voided my test too.

I think you should definitely contact the AAMC and try to get a letter stating the circumstances of your MCAT administration to submit with your application.

I just took the August MCAT and there were minor disruptions and timing issues that left me tense and upset, but nothing compared to that. Congratulations on being done, relax, and let's just hope for the best :D

Misty said:
i think if that would have happened to me i would have had the urge to get violent with someone. did a lot of people void?
Surpisingly not too too many (maybe 10 at most). I guess we were a tough group. I was informed about the whole letter writing thing in case of massive problems, so I told everyone this (perhaps this helped them realize that they probably wouldnt be faulted for bad performance). I think we were also trying our best to support each other to get us through this ordeal (pretty bizarre when premeds HELP each other, right?). A lot of people taking this also had NO CHOICE but to take the test then, due to schools wanting the scores or whatever.

One girl in particular really crushed me. She sat through the entire test, the entire ordeal we all went through. After completing the test, she voids it at her last opportunity to do so and leaves.

Oh yeah, my biggest freakout was when the hallway lights died. I jumped up and practically tore my tshirt in half hulk hogan style. I seriously thought they were going to void the test at this site. Until the power was restored the alpha female proctor was just pacing around without shoes and her hands thrown up in the air saying "I give up... I give up..."

Dr. Who MD said:
Surpisingly not too too many (maybe 10 at most). I guess we were a tough group. I was informed about the whole letter writing thing in case of massive problems, so I told everyone this (perhaps this helped them realize that they probably wouldnt be faulted for bad performance). I think we were also trying our best to support each other to get us through this ordeal (pretty bizarre when premeds HELP each other, right?). A lot of people taking this also had NO CHOICE but to take the test then, due to schools wanting the scores or whatever.

Unbelievable...... definitely write that letter! I hope you guys can take it again or something.. yowsers!! Way to tough it through! You're a champ!! :D

Dr. Who MD said:
From what I understand I need to write a formal letter of explanation. I'm guessing I will get a letter of apology and that I'll have a letter I can forward to med schools explaining what happened that day with my score. This is pure BS. How far does this letter take me? Probably not much. It doesnt prove anything in terms of my ability. I highly doubt they could make some sort of score adjustment. My college workload prevents me from taking it in April, and having to go through this entire song and dance all over again in August is horrendously unfair (especially when I wanted to move on and do more exciting things to spice up my application). I'm applying as a senior as it is; this horrendous set of events shouldn't cost me a year of my life, make my application artificially weaker, or, (above all else) my ability to get into med school. Imagine my heartbreak being multiplied by everyone else who took this test that day!

Were you in southern cali? If so did you test at one of the Claremont College schools?
That one is notorious for electing to have blackouts in order to save energy for Southern California Edison. In return they get some type of break on their energy bill.

Members don't see this ad :)
you poor thing! the mcat is hard alone all the bs (not biological sciences:) karma will come around for you though
maura :rolleyes:

ugh can't believe my computer froze after writing a long response :(

any way, that totally sucks!!! write a formal letter (for proof later) but also call and complain. attach your letter and the response to every secondary. in your interviews learn to have a sense of humor regarding it.

and even at 21 i did break down and cry after mine. Mine was a personal disaster and therefore i didn't have others to support me who felt the same way.

a couple comments:
1. since when does everyone have to eat lunch together? i wanted nothing to do with sitting with students who could brag the test was so easy so far and make me feel worse. Instead I had lunch with my mentor/psychiatrist friend who brought me prescription meds that i definitely needed and who talked me out of voiding the test.

2. since when is the girls' bathroom more empty than the guys' bathroom?

sorry you had such a bad experience. It's over, try to forget it and do something else to occupy your time (i know easier said than done). At least it makes for a great story. best of luck!

I had enough trouble taking the test without any distractions. I can't imagine being able to concentrate in the environment you were in. Hope you did well!

Dr. Who MD said:
.... So Im taking the August MCAT......The power went out (no windows)..

I ran this situation by my next-door neighbor, an attorney. His comments:

1. when MCAT accepted your $200 registration fee, it served as a contractual agreement to provide you with the test. At that point, MCAT and their subordinate agents (the testing centers) were obligated to honor their portion of the contract.

2. when the testing center signed a contract with MCAT to be paid to provide testing accommodations, it obligated them to provide PROPER testing conditions.

3. a common exclusion clause in standard contracts is the performance exception "due to acts of God." The testing center cannot help it if the storm of the century knocked out all power in 10 counties. If, however, the building's transformer blew, well that's a different story and the testing center is liable (and, by extension, so is MCAT, since they accepted your $200).

4. since they're being paid to provide PROPER testing conditions (for which you paid and have every right to reasonable expectation) it is incumbent on the testing center to have an IN-PLACE and READY back-up plan. Obviously they didn't. Failure to satisfy contract obligations.

Bottom line: several contractual convenants were broken here, due to poor planning. None of that is your fault. You have every right to approach MCAT from a legal perspective, demanding another testing administration RIGHT NOW, or they'll be hearing from your lawyer. Of course, they can weasel out by simply returning your $200. If missing this test causes to potentially delay med school matriculation by one year, you can also sue MCAT for one year's worth of physician lost wages. Drop that subtle hint to MCAT.

Wow, sorry man that's so terrible. A lot of us are feeling pretty down after taking the test, but your experience definetly epitomizes everyone's worst nightmare of what could go wrong on test-day. Sincerely hope everything works out in the end

Im sorry man, I will be pulling for you in the days and months to come. Nobody deserves that.....I think things will still work out for you, finishing the exam says alot about your character.....you will make it man.

neo

At least you know you're getting a T on the writing sample. I almost cried reading this...

WOW! I thought that I had it bad with a car accident of friday night (new car :-( ), cell phones ringing, proctors telling a student they were going to fail, timers going off and an emergency weather message on the PA. Dude, that has to be the most god-awful story I have ever heard. I wish you the best of luck. You've got a lot more character and composure than many other pre-meds, including myself, could ever hope to have. Seriously, best of luck.

cheers

trinityalumnus said:
If missing this test causes to potentially delay med school matriculation by one year, you can also sue MCAT for one year's worth of physician lost wages. Drop that subtle hint to MCAT.

I don't know about that, because even if the events had not occurred there is no guarantee that he would have been accepted. The suit would be based on the circumstance that he may have been accepted if things were different, which usually isn't concrete enough for a jury.

Really and truly, I think the ordeal you suffered was terrible. The best thing to do at this point is talk it out with someone; this is a common desire post-trauma, so you're not alone. Talk about it with friends and family and work through your emotions that way. Once you've done that, write a rational, effective appeal to AAMC. Find consolation in the fact that worrying does no good at this point and use your pent up energy to better deal with your emotions rather than worrying about the consequences of what happened. In the end, use this as a learning experience, for one bad MCAT won't be the end of your life.

Ultimately, this gives you something to talk about in an interview. I mean, think about it: in small part, you now know how it feels to be completely powerless in a given circumstance. In a way, this gives you something in common with sufferers of natural distasters everywhere. Now THAT is a learning experience!

trinityalumnus said:

1. when MCAT accepted your $200 registration fee, it served as a contractual agreement to provide you with the test. At that point, MCAT and their subordinate agents (the testing centers) were obligated to honor their portion of the contract.

2. when the testing center signed a contract with MCAT to be paid to provide testing accommodations, it obligated them to provide PROPER testing conditions.

3. a common exclusion clause in standard contracts is the performance exception "due to acts of God." The testing center cannot help it if the storm of the century knocked out all power in 10 counties. If, however, the building's transformer blew, well that's a different story and the testing center is liable (and, by extension, so is MCAT, since they accepted your $200).

4. since they're being paid to provide PROPER testing conditions (for which you paid and have every right to reasonable expectation) it is incumbent on the testing center to have an IN-PLACE and READY back-up plan. Obviously they didn't. Failure to satisfy contract obligations.

Bottom line: several contractual convenants were broken here, due to poor planning. None of that is your fault. You have every right to approach MCAT from a legal perspective, demanding another testing administration RIGHT NOW, or they'll be hearing from your lawyer. Of course, they can weasel out by simply returning your $200. If missing this test causes to potentially delay med school matriculation by one year, you can also sue MCAT for one year's worth of physician lost wages. Drop that subtle hint to MCAT.

Your next-door lawyer is a *******.. You can't sue for physician's lost wages in the MCAT stage. A) If you performed bad, you obviously weren't going to be a doctor.. B) How do you prove that at that moment, you should have tested better? Just because you get a 45 in the future doesn't mean you would have got a 45 at this MCAT.. C) Everyone in this testing center had the same conditions.. although different from the nation.. If you seperate this group from the nation and try to see if the scores are statistically different..

There's been years of anal pre-meds.. and Years of Power Outages, Construction Noises, Hurricanes, etc..
As for the years of attempted lawsuits.. look at the case laws.. they bounce off every testing company because government and juries LOVE standardized testing.. If you destroyed standardized testing.. how else could you tell who's better than who..

Dr. Who MD said:
From what I understand I need to write a formal letter of explanation. I'm guessing I will get a letter of apology and that I'll have a letter I can forward to med schools explaining what happened that day with my score. This is pure BS. How far does this letter take me? Probably not much. It doesnt prove anything in terms of my ability. I highly doubt they could make some sort of score adjustment.

OMG! That sux! So sorry!!! I'd DEFINATELY write a letter and put a copy of the response in w/ your secondaries. The letter will prove that you should have done better and due to circumstances out of your control your score was lower-this wont change your scores, but it may soften the blow to your application. If nothing else, this may make you stand apart from other applicants- staying through a test like that says a lot about ones character (if things arent going well, you arent going to give up and run)! I believe heavily that everything happens for a reason and that things like this make you a stronger person in the long run. G'luck and I hope you get the score you want, you deserve it. :)

That's ridiculous man. Yeah, write a letter to AAMC, but that's pure BS. I put little faith in the fact that a letter from the AAMC will help pad your score to the level you feel that you could have acheived at without the disturbances. Good luck.

trinityalumnus said:

yikes!! that seems extreme, and although it sounds right I extremely doubt MCAT would do anything about it; except to suggest you take the LSAT instead :D

xSTALLiONx said:
Everyone in this testing center had the same conditions.. although different from the nation.. If you seperate this group from the nation and try to see if the scores are statistically different..
the point is not if they are statistically different from the rest of the nation but statistically different from what they would have gotten in normal testing conditions...and that can't really be proven.

xSTALLiONx said:
Your next-door lawyer is a *******.. You can't sue for physician's lost wages in the MCAT stage. ................QUOTE]

1. my next-door neighbor's legal advice was free and from the goodness of his heart, as he frequently takes pro bono (free) cases where he senses an unfair injustice, with a victim rightly in need of restitutition. I would respectfully say that your label of "*******" is a little strong and does not appreciate his FREE and CONCERNED evaluation of our fellow test taker's circumstances.

2. this attorney's legal prowess has put a Ferrari (sp) and a Porche in his driveway.

3. this attorney took home over $4 mil over a tobacco lawsuit.

4. in this country, anybody can sue anybody for anything. Your above statement ("you can't sue for lost wages") is incorrect. You might not win the actual suit if it makes it to the courtroom, but the process still can be initiated. Simply being served with the initial subpoena can scare an otherwise recalcitrant defendant (ie, MCAT) into making an effort to ward off a full-fledged legal battle, due to the cost and bad publicity inherent in defending against such a lawsuit. If the test-taker had a mind to, he could find an attorney willing to accept this case on a contingency basis (meaning no out-of-pocket expenses for the test-taker, even if he loses). The test-taker's attorney would be happy to take on such a huge and lucrative target as MCAT/AAMC corporation, with their deep pockets, smelling a potential huge reward. MCAT would most likely settle early, to "buy off" the test-taker/plaintiff to avoid the expense, bad publicity, and time consumption inherent in going to court.

5. when MCAT accepted the $200, it obligated them (and their subordinate agent, the testing center) to provide proper testing conditions. The "reasonable person test" would also say that after receiving such a stiff test fee, MCAT and the subordinate agent/testing center is obligated to satisfy other reasonable conditions, such as having a READY backup plan. They did not. Therefore, they did not meet their contractual obligations for which the test-taker paid good money. The test-taker is due some legal satisfaction.

Your ordeal sounds like a drama/action movie! I completely understand, as I also went through an MCAT disaster in April 2005 MCAT.

I think the BEST the AAMC will offer you is to void your scores. However, read on...

Just a bit of background: I am overseas and flew to the nearest testing center (in another country). I guess the IT in some Asian countries ain't so good. The computer MCAT crashed during my test, and there I was frantically waving my arms. They told me to wait outside while they fixed the computer. In addition, the characters were displayed incorrectly on some of my test!!

1. I was also completely pissed out/upset and also wanted to cry. There I was in the middle of the test, in another country, wondering, should I just fly out now? What's the point?

2. You need to call the AAMC. Speak to Tonya Miles, she is the Test Administrator responsible for providing letters documenting your "disaster" so schools will take it into consideration.

3. The AAMC finally acknowledged that this was "unfair" and ONLY gave me the grand option of ....voiding my scores (but then I'd have nothing!!. No offer of refund, even exam fee for another test).
I spent a month calling them and even wrote to the President of the AAMC b/c 9 other peoples' computers crashed during the MCAT! (They told me the President called a meeting and asked his VP to look into this, but as bureacrats are, they all cover their *** to look like they're doing their jobs just fine!)

I did not get anywhere. They are a big bureaucratic organization, and they have a monopoly. They will give you "bureauspeak".

4. I called and emailed the Admissions Offices of many schools and spoke to them about this. Admissions Directors at Yale and Duke told me in the past years when such things happen, they need to receive a letter from the AAMC documenting it (so make sure you get it). While some schools will take it into consideration (Yale, Northwestern, Duke, UChicago), many schools were like, "Well, just take it again". Now, if you have other strong stats, you might be fine. But Dartmouth told me frankly that I'd be at a disadvantage. Obviously, they would prefer to take the candidate who has proven his ability to get a 30, over someone with a "25 + letter...how can they really extrapolate". Dartmouth and UChciago did say they admit people with 28's, and I've heard Georgetown does too.

5. Legally: Yes, I also realized that they are under contractual obligation to provide a product that works. (Firestone recalled their faulty tires when they didn't work). A lawyer friend of mine also offered to send them a letter threatening legal action. Then, I got onto the AAMC website and saw that handicapped people had just sued the AAMC over the website and the AAMC was gloating that it won!!! You are up against tough lawyers.

6. In the end, I decided to keep the scores, at least to get a shot at schools. I have 2 explanatory letters to include with my secondaries - one aout the computer crash which affected my timing and concentration as I didn't know the data was saved and thus redid some questions, and one about incorrect display of characters.

I got a 28. After tears, thinking my chances were SHOT, I just proceeded to apply with the letters. (However, I took the MCAT several years ago, expired scores now - and got a 31, so I mentioned this in my letter).

I just accepted the AAMC wouldn't change, and that I wasn't competitive with this score, so I buckled down to study for the August MCAT (and pay for my own airticket and hotel to another country again). I just took it, and there were also some more technical issues...so I'm crossing my fingers it works out.

Anyway, if you think you've got like a 27-30 the Admissions offices still say they admit people in that range.

And much to my surprise, yesterday I received an interview invite from EVMS yesterday!!! So not all is lost.

I agree with the sentiments of most of the posters here. You are up agaisnt a big, mean, pre-med eating machine. To perk up their ears, you may get a lawyer to type up an official letter, blah blah blah. That might get them thinking. However, in the end, you'll probably have to re-write. That sucks balls man. I suggest looking for a *reliable* test center for the next time. Now you know the importance of the test ceter as well so I doubt you will hesitate going possibly out of state to get a good test center. I suggest asking around to find a good reliable one with a good track record.

My 2 cents.

A couple of comments after reviewing this thread:

1.) Your situation really sucks. I would hound the AAMC until they give you the option of voiding your score and retaking in April gratis. A 32 in April '06 is better than a 25 in August with a letter from AAMC.

2.) To all future test takers: bring a lunch from home. Things can happen, and reducing the lunch break to 30 minutes may be the only option. Sorry, that is one complaint of yours that does not elicit a whole lot of sympathy.

3.) A letter from an attorney can be helpful for cutting through the bureaucracy if you start getting a run-around from AAMC. However, the concept of being able to sue for lost MD wages is laughable. Sure, most ambulance chasers, when asked if a lawsuit is possible, will say YES. The only one who will get rich of that deal is the lawyer.

trinityalumnus said:
xSTALLiONx said:
Your next-door lawyer is a *******.. You can't sue for physician's lost wages in the MCAT stage. ................QUOTE]

1. my next-door neighbor's legal advice was free and from the goodness of his heart, as he frequently takes pro bono (free) cases where he senses an unfair injustice, with a victim rightly in need of restitutition. I would respectfully say that your label of "*******" is a little strong and does not appreciate his FREE and CONCERNED evaluation of our fellow test taker's circumstances.

2. this attorney's legal prowess has put a Ferrari (sp) and a Porche in his driveway.

3. this attorney took home over $4 mil over a tobacco lawsuit.

4. in this country, anybody can sue anybody for anything. Your above statement ("you can't sue for lost wages") is incorrect. You might not win the actual suit if it makes it to the courtroom, but the process still can be initiated. Simply being served with the initial subpoena can scare an otherwise recalcitrant defendant (ie, MCAT) into making an effort to ward off a full-fledged legal battle, due to the cost and bad publicity inherent in defending against such a lawsuit. If the test-taker had a mind to, he could find an attorney willing to accept this case on a contingency basis (meaning no out-of-pocket expenses for the test-taker, even if he loses). The test-taker's attorney would be happy to take on such a huge and lucrative target as MCAT/AAMC corporation, with their deep pockets, smelling a potential huge reward. MCAT would most likely settle early, to "buy off" the test-taker/plaintiff to avoid the expense, bad publicity, and time consumption inherent in going to court.

5. when MCAT accepted the $200, it obligated them (and their subordinate agent, the testing center) to provide proper testing conditions. The "reasonable person test" would also say that after receiving such a stiff test fee, MCAT and the subordinate agent/testing center is obligated to satisfy other reasonable conditions, such as having a READY backup plan. They did not. Therefore, they did not meet their contractual obligations for which the test-taker paid good money. The test-taker is due some legal satisfaction.

respect what your lawyer neighbor said and I'm sure there is much truth to it; i do not believe he is a ******* and it was nice of him to answer your questions.

however i do NOT believe the cars he has in his driveway or the amount of money he made last year (how do you know anyway??) is an indication of how good of a lawyer he is...nor do i believe the same things will someday indicate how good of a doctor any of us becomes.

Dr. Who MD said:
It's pretty much a better written summation of what I initially posted.
oh ok, what was your point though...what were you asking for?

I'm sorry about your situation man. You are going to be a doctor either way you look at it. Worse case scenario it takes a little longer, but you know what, at the end of that day this made you a stronger person. I think you are getting in this year anyways with you 40T

Psycho Doctor said:
oh ok, what was your point though...what were you asking for?
I left it deliberately vague. I basically opened negotiations asking for an "equally" amicable compromise being reached. I'll see what, if anything, they offer and work from there.

gozeemer said:
I'm sorry about your situation man. You are going to be a doctor either way you look at it. Worse case scenario it takes a little longer, but you know what, at the end of that day this made you a stronger person. I think you are getting in this year anyways with you 40T
Going into the test my high score was a 30 (which I had done twice but in two different ways). I went in thinking a 32 was a realistic possibility (which it actually was given my score range).

:(

Since we are talking about the MCAT disaster… How about a wonderful music melody playing on a saxophone during the beginning of the verbal section? I had studied hard for this August MCAT, and it was the third time I took it. Since the January, I had become nerdy.... I am sure most of you have figured out that I have widely admitted that I am a nerd.

Anyway, so the exam is just going fine, but someone plays a saxophone on the street and I am by the window. I still remember that he played three different tunes, but I don't remember what those three passages were since then...I hated it. It made me lost my focus during the entire verbal part. I bragged about it couples of days after the MCAT, now should I send a copy to AMCAS regarding this? What should I write on it?

JustR said:
Since we are talking about the MCAT disaster… How about a wonderful music melody playing on a saxophone during the beginning of the verbal section? I had studied hard for this August MCAT, and it was the third time I took it. Since the January, I had become nerdy.... I am sure most of you have figured out that I have widely admitted that I am a nerd.

Anyway, so the exam is just going fine, but someone plays a saxophone on the street and I am by the window. I still remember that he played three different tunes, but I don't remember what those three passages were since then...I hated it. It made me lost my focus during the entire verbal part. I bragged about it couples of days after the MCAT, now should I send a copy to AMCAS regarding this? What should I write on it?
I think they usually want these sorts of things sent to them within 9 days of the test admin. So if I were you, I'd write that puppy and send it FAST.

Dr. Who MD said:
I think they usually want these sorts of things sent to them within 9 days of the test admin. So if I were you, I'd write that puppy and send it FAST.

Uh.. no!!!
See No 13 on the following link

http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/about/regulations.htm.

Three weeks from the MCAT, and I have still got one more week left if I do need to re-write it.

I just got my MCAT score and am extremely pleasantly surprised. The administration of the test was terrible, according to my premed advisor it was easily the worst she's ever heard of in her career. I came so damn close to canceling my score mid-test. I've been upset about the incident ever since. I guess the lesson here is to keep working hard and never give up.

If anyone cares here is my score:

30 Q

11 on physical science
11 on verbal
Q on writing
8 on physical sciences (Im guessing the fatigue was what effected this)

I got a refund and a big letter I can send to schools explaining what happened. So hopefully in their eyes it adds a few points on.