The worst that could happen during the OAT!!!!

ashmita23

Reaction score
Hey guys!

After balling my eyes out for the longest time, I have come to my senses and decided to come here for some advice. Here's the story... I went to the take the OAT this past Saturday. Got to Prometric on time, started my exam 30 minutes prior to schedule, it was all going great! I was done with just the Biology part of Survey of Natural Sciences, went to check my marked, then when I was trying to go back to the exam, I clicked end AND IT SKIPPED THE REST OF THE SECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:I immediately told Prometric and they said they couldn't do anything about it and I walked out with an incomplete test. They wrote a report about it and now the ADA has to investigate it, then will allow me to retest. But, that is going to take 2-3 weeks before they allow me to retest and from there I would have 30 days to take the test.

Long story short, I have no clue what to put in my OptomCAS application as now I don't have an anticipated date the exam will be complete. I was waiting to submit my application with my exam scores but now I can't. If I were to submit my application after I take my exam now (whenever that is), do you think the schools will be like, "too late our spots are filled" or "why did you take so long in applying when applications were open in June"?

Basically, am I screwed? Or am I overthinking it?

Thanks in advance for all the input!!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Most people don't apply until the fall (Oct-Dec.) I think you can relax and just wait it out to see what the ADA says before worrying about submissions

I'm really sorry that happened to you but everything will be okay and try not to beat yourself up, it honestly can happen to the best of us. This is not the end of the world, you will still be able to retake the OAT and you WILL get into optometry school. At the latest, you will take your OAT in October, and you will still be considered early. Be prepared to explain to ADA and or/interviewers at prospective schools but I'm sure they will understand