Therapy Dog Visits as Non-clinical Volunteering

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rooks

Pre-med
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
How would visiting hospitals, schools, libraries, and nursing homes with a therapy dog to provide comfort and support look on an application? I've always wanted to have a therapy dog and I finally have the opportunity to actually do this! I have the support and resources of my family and free time, so that wouldn't be an issue.
Thank you.

Note: I already have clinical volunteering as a hospice volunteer. I have non-clinical at a textline, but I want to do some volunteering that I'm super passionate about.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone,
How would visiting hospitals, schools, libraries, and nursing homes with a therapy dog to provide comfort and support look on an application? I've always wanted to have a therapy dog and I finally have the opportunity to actually do this! I have the support and resources of my family and free time, so that wouldn't be an issue.
Thank you.

Note: I already have clinical volunteering as a hospice volunteer. I have non-clinical at a textline, but I want to do some volunteering that I'm super passionate about.
Uncommon and very nice!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone,
Thank you.

Do it. You can make a tremendous difference for nursing home residents by bringing over dogs to cuddle with

Reactions: 1 user