There are some lectures that are hard to make Anki Cards for

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noyoudinit

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How have you been able to make Anki cards when most of the material is vocalized like some Anatomy lectures when the lecturer talks about the Digestive track and its linings, when the esophagus has serosa or adventia, etc. I lose interest fast as well when im making cards.

Members don't see this ad.

That is part of the study process - distilling stuff down into what is important enough to put on a flash card. anki cards are also not the end all be all when studying, you should genuinely understand the material not just aim for memorization.

That is part of the study process - distilling stuff down into what is important enough to put on a flash card. anki cards are also not the end all be all when studying, you should genuinely understand the material not just aim for memorization.

Shut up.

Members don't see this ad :)

This. But still, the problem you describe is real. Do you have lecture slides to accompany the class stuff? I mean, if the issue is losing interest in what the prof is saying (not unreasonable), then that would be an issue no matter what study method you were using. But in this situation, I relied on text sources to help me make cards since the work of formulating had been done. Review books do this best. So if you have a BRS anatomy or something like that, you can keep refer to the corresponding section and use that. Or lecture slides if you've got them.

As the poster above said, distilling what the lecturer said into your own words or nuggets can be valuable, albeit time consuming. But that is what you would be doing regardless of whether you were using Anki, no? Your classmates who are writing notesheets and outlines and stuff... I imagine they're having the same issue.

Lastly, there are some new shared anatomy decks on AnkiWeb that I think are fantastic. They're mostly image based and they won't cover all the clinically-relevant tidbits, but I think they've done a lot of the heavy lifting, especially for muscle/nerve stuff.

https://ankiweb.net/shared/decks/anatomy

Good luck

Achamess, your responses are so divine /swoon.