15+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2006
Folsom Prison
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
4 yrs of medical school: ~$200,000.00

COMLEX Level 1, 2CE, 2PE, 3, USMLE Step 1 and 2: ~$3500.00

ERAS applications & interviews: ~$550.00

Passing COMLEX Level 3 and never again having to deal with the AOA: ...priceless.

(the funniest thing is that my highest score was in 'Osteopathic Principles & Practice'...I even got an asterix, indicating performance "..beyond the displayed portion of the scale.")

Last edited:

HarveyCushing

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
Status (Visible)
4 yrs of medical school: ~$200,000.00

COMLEX Level 1, 2CE, 2PE, 3, USMLE Step 1 and 2: ~$3500.00

ERAS applications & interviews: ~$550.00

Passing COMLEX Level 3 and never again having to deal with the AOA: ...priceless.

(the funniest thing is that my highest score was in 'Osteopathic Principles & Practice'...I even got an asterix, indicating performance "..beyond the displayed portion of the scale.")

How did you get away with only $550 for both residency apps and cost of getting to interviews? Did you only apply to local programs? I would think the cost would be quite a bit higher with airfare, hotel, car rental...etc. included.

About the Ads

homeboy

I'm super cereal.
15+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2006
Folsom Prison
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
How did you get away with only $550 for both residency apps and cost of getting to interviews? Did you only apply to local programs? I would think the cost would be quite a bit higher with airfare, hotel, car rental...etc. included.

Applied to 20 programs, interviewed at 9, canceled 2, all within driving distance (up to 8 hrs away) except one East coast (did an away rotation though so was already there), all ACGME, all programs paid for hotel. I guess that excludes gas & food while on the road.

HarveyCushing

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
Status (Visible)
Applied to 20 programs, interviewed at 9, canceled 2, all within driving distance (up to 8 hrs away) except one East coast (did an away rotation though so was already there), all ACGME, all programs paid for hotel. I guess that excludes gas & food while on the road.

:thumbup: nice, I have heard of some upper classmen spending quite a bit for 4th year interviews. Well done keeping it economical.

Lamborghini1315

Sleep deprived
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. MD/PhD Student

Only 20? Just curious..what specialty you going for and what's the average number of programs people generally apply to?

FutureDocDO

1K Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]

11 interviews out of 20 programs applied... very nice. Yeah, what specialty did you apply for? You will definitely match somewhere. Congrats. :luck:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.