There are some things money can't buy.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

homeboy

I'm super cereal.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
4 yrs of medical school: ~$200,000.00

COMLEX Level 1, 2CE, 2PE, 3, USMLE Step 1 and 2: ~$3500.00

ERAS applications & interviews: ~$550.00

Passing COMLEX Level 3 and never again having to deal with the AOA: ...priceless.

(the funniest thing is that my highest score was in 'Osteopathic Principles & Practice'...I even got an asterix, indicating performance "..beyond the displayed portion of the scale.")

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congrats! Hah, I've got a looong way to go.

4 yrs of medical school: ~$200,000.00

COMLEX Level 1, 2CE, 2PE, 3, USMLE Step 1 and 2: ~$3500.00

ERAS applications & interviews: ~$550.00

Passing COMLEX Level 3 and never again having to deal with the AOA: ...priceless.

(the funniest thing is that my highest score was in 'Osteopathic Principles & Practice'...I even got an asterix, indicating performance "..beyond the displayed portion of the scale.")

How did you get away with only $550 for both residency apps and cost of getting to interviews? Did you only apply to local programs? I would think the cost would be quite a bit higher with airfare, hotel, car rental...etc. included.

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you get away with only $550 for both residency apps and cost of getting to interviews? Did you only apply to local programs? I would think the cost would be quite a bit higher with airfare, hotel, car rental...etc. included.

Applied to 20 programs, interviewed at 9, canceled 2, all within driving distance (up to 8 hrs away) except one East coast (did an away rotation though so was already there), all ACGME, all programs paid for hotel. I guess that excludes gas & food while on the road.

Applied to 20 programs, interviewed at 9, canceled 2, all within driving distance (up to 8 hrs away) except one East coast (did an away rotation though so was already there), all ACGME, all programs paid for hotel. I guess that excludes gas & food while on the road.

:thumbup: nice, I have heard of some upper classmen spending quite a bit for 4th year interviews. Well done keeping it economical.

Only 20? Just curious..what specialty you going for and what's the average number of programs people generally apply to?

11 interviews out of 20 programs applied... very nice. Yeah, what specialty did you apply for? You will definitely match somewhere. Congrats. :luck: