10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2006
Folsom Prison
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
4 yrs of medical school: ~$200,000.00

COMLEX Level 1, 2CE, 2PE, 3, USMLE Step 1 and 2: ~$3500.00

ERAS applications & interviews: ~$550.00

Passing COMLEX Level 3 and never again having to deal with the AOA: ...priceless.

(the funniest thing is that my highest score was in 'Osteopathic Principles & Practice'...I even got an asterix, indicating performance "..beyond the displayed portion of the scale.")

Last edited:

HarveyCushing

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
Status
4 yrs of medical school: ~$200,000.00

COMLEX Level 1, 2CE, 2PE, 3, USMLE Step 1 and 2: ~$3500.00

ERAS applications & interviews: ~$550.00

Passing COMLEX Level 3 and never again having to deal with the AOA: ...priceless.

(the funniest thing is that my highest score was in 'Osteopathic Principles & Practice'...I even got an asterix, indicating performance "..beyond the displayed portion of the scale.")
How did you get away with only $550 for both residency apps and cost of getting to interviews? Did you only apply to local programs? I would think the cost would be quite a bit higher with airfare, hotel, car rental...etc. included.

About the Ads

homeboy

I'm super cereal.
10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2006
Folsom Prison
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
How did you get away with only $550 for both residency apps and cost of getting to interviews? Did you only apply to local programs? I would think the cost would be quite a bit higher with airfare, hotel, car rental...etc. included.
Applied to 20 programs, interviewed at 9, canceled 2, all within driving distance (up to 8 hrs away) except one East coast (did an away rotation though so was already there), all ACGME, all programs paid for hotel. I guess that excludes gas & food while on the road.

HarveyCushing

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
Status
Applied to 20 programs, interviewed at 9, canceled 2, all within driving distance (up to 8 hrs away) except one East coast (did an away rotation though so was already there), all ACGME, all programs paid for hotel. I guess that excludes gas & food while on the road.
:thumbup: nice, I have heard of some upper classmen spending quite a bit for 4th year interviews. Well done keeping it economical.

Lamborghini1315

Sleep deprived
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2006
Status
MD/PhD Student
Only 20? Just curious..what specialty you going for and what's the average number of programs people generally apply to?

FutureDocDO

1K Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
11 interviews out of 20 programs applied... very nice. Yeah, what specialty did you apply for? You will definitely match somewhere. Congrats. :luck:

About the Ads