There is a Pod school near my house!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Geo16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What can I do to take advantage of this? Should I volunteer through the school?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You could try but I doubt there's many volunteer opportunities through the school unless you're a current student. You may have better luck at shadowing as much as possible and talking to admissions

You could try but I doubt there's many volunteer opportunities through the school unless you're a current student. You may have better luck at shadowing as much as possible and talking to admissions
Alright!
I'll see if shadowing is available.
They do have an affiliated hospital and I'm applying there to volunteer. And I hope, hope that (although it's highly unlikely) they will have an opportunity through school. It literally takes 5-6 steps to get there from my house.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with sweatshirt, contact them about shadowing opportunities and if it is one of the schools that has the internship program apply to it.

Contact admissions directly. At my school they are more than willing to hook you up with a current student to shadow for a day. Also shadow the Pods at the school clinic. The more people know your name the better.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I agree with sweatshirt, contact them about shadowing opportunities and if it is one of the schools that has the internship program apply to it.
Do you think shadowing a pod student is worth it? I think they have a two or three day internship during summer. But I hope that they will have some more opportunities.

Contact admissions directly. At my school they are more than willing to hook you up with a current student to shadow for a day. Also shadow the Pods at the school clinic. The more people know your name the better.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Alright.. I'm planning to do that this week. Hopefully I could find something to do during the weekends. I literally got nothing to do!
Also: I didn't know shadowing a current student was a thing. I thought I could only shadow doctors/pods themselves?

Last edited:
Do you think shadowing a pod student is worth it? I think they have a two or three day internship during summer. But I hope that they will have some more opportunities.
I would definitely do the internship. I did it at one of the schools and it was really worth it. They may let you shadow in the clinic but shadowing a first year would be kinda dumb since they just go to class and study all day