these "didn't study" posts/threads are uber lame

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coralfangs

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does it ****ing matter to anyone of us that u claim u didn't study for your MCAT or school exams?
does it ****ing matter that u still ended up with a good MCAT score or GPA
it's you against us, only you know whether u've studied or not
there are some ****s in my school who study their asses off yet they still tell people they don't study
does it make you feel like a big man/woman when u tell some complete strangers on the forum that u didn't study?

seriously
DOES IT ****ING MATTER?

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't study for my drivers test. I passed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I showed up for the MCAT drunk following a 15 week bender on which I consumed nothing but roofing tar and windex. I was suffering from hysterical pregnancy and combustive diarrhea. I got the answers from the voices in my head and still scored above a 30.

Depakote said:
I showed up for the MCAT drunk following a 15 week bender on which I consumed nothing but roofing tar and windex. I was suffering from hysterical pregnancy and combustive diarrhea. I got the answers from the voices in my head and still scored above a 30.
:laugh:

And here I thought I was the only one the little voices gave the answers to. :mad:

coralfangs said:
does it ****ing matter to anyone of us that u claim u didn't study for your MCAT or school exams?
there are some ****s in my school who study their asses off yet they still tell people they don't study
does it make you feel like a big man/woman when u tell some complete strangers on the forum that u didn't study?

seriously
DOES IT ****ING MATTER?

I'm a rageaholic...i just can't live without rageahol. :rolleyes:

I took the MCAT on accident. I walked in and they were like "do you want to take a quick survey." I'm like "Ok" and 8 hours later I was apparently done with the MCATs.

Yeah, there are kids like hat at my school too. Heh, some people get off on bragging about how much innate intelligence they hold over the rest of us. Whatever gets them off.....

Who actually studies in college? I knew from a young age that I was special. While the other kids in preschool were playing with legos, I was content for hours with my ochem molecular model kit.

Depakote said:

LOLLLL

coralfangs said:

seriously
DOES IT ****ING MATTER?

Can I get a blood pressure on this guy?

kevster2001 said:
I took the MCAT on accident. I walked in and they were like "do you want to take a quick survey." I'm like "Ok" and 8 hours later I was apparently done with the MCATs.

You crack me up. :laugh:

I learned the hard way that most of us HAVE TO study in college. I got straight A's in high school w/o even paying attention in class and doing my homework during boring classes/lunch/breakfast the day it was assigned. I would go to meetings after school and then to tennis practice and I would have nothing to do when I got home. It was the easiest time of my life.

....Then I got to college, and I learned I couldn't keep doing the same thing. Everyone I know who has a 4.0 (my dear roomate, who's a MATH major, yikes!) studies a lot for it. I'm not talking about 100 hrs/week, but quality studying and focusing.
Anyone who claims they don't study is either a freaking genius or lying, and most people fall in the latter category.

But I agree. I think people who REALLY AND TRUTHFULLY don't need to study that much need to keep it to themselves as a sign of respect for others. I know many classmates who study their butts off and still can barely scrape B's and sometimes C's in their classes. Not everyone ihas the luxury of being as smart and wonderful as you (you who don't study), so be nice. :love:

kevster2001 said:
lol funniest post of all time

i cannot stop giggling over this

Members don't see this ad :)
goodoldalky said:
Can I get a blood pressure on this guy?

haha, sorry about the harsh language
my friend woke me up from my catnap today and i got really cranky when i was checking sdn haha

baylormed said:
You crack me up. :laugh:

I learned the hard way that most of us HAVE TO study in college. I got straight A's in high school w/o even paying attention in class and doing my homework during boring classes/lunch/breakfast the day it was assigned. I would go to meetings after school and then to tennis practice and I would have nothing to do when I got home. It was the easiest time of my life.

....Then I got to college, and I learned I couldn't keep doing the same thing. Everyone I know who has a 4.0 (my dear roomate, who's a MATH major, yikes!) studies a lot for it. I'm not talking about 100 hrs/week, but quality studying and focusing.
Anyone who claims they don't study is either a freaking genius or lying, and most people fall in the latter category.

But I agree. I think people who REALLY AND TRUTHFULLY don't need to study that much need to keep it to themselves as a sign of respect for others. I know many classmates who study their butts off and still can barely scrape B's and sometimes C's in their classes. Not everyone ihas the luxury of being as smart and wonderful as you (you who don't study), so be nice. :love:

I think there are a number of people that do well without having to put forth much effort to study. I do not take offense to that. I am glad that there are people out there smarter than me (I would be depressed if I thought that everyone else in the world was dumber, how sad would that be?). Heck, this whole SDN site is filled with people that really represent a skewed demographic of all MD applicants. Most average people logging on here probably get really depressed seeing how much the curve is blown by SDN'rs.

My 2 cents is to relax. Be happy for people for whom it comes easier, I'm sure there are other things that come easier for each of us. We all can't be the best at everything. All the anger comes across sounding like jealousy and self loathing for not performing better.

Haemulon said:
I think there are a number of people that do well without having to put forth much effort to study. I do not take offense to that. I am glad that there are people out there smarter than me (I would be depressed if I thought that everyone else in the world was dumber, how sad would that be?). Heck, this whole SDN site is filled with people that really represent a skewed demographic of all MD applicants. Most average people logging on here probably get really depressed seeing how much the curve is blown by SDN'rs.

My 2 cents is to relax. Be happy for people for whom it comes easier, I'm sure there are other things that come easier for each of us. We all can't be the best at everything. All the anger comes across sounding like jealousy and self loathing for not performing better.

I never said I was angry. Heck, I don't need to study as much as others to perform well in a class <---sorry for saying exactly what the post is complaining about, but I felt the above poster was telling me I shouldn't get offended if I'm dumb just because other people are smart. I won't say it again!!

However, I said that it is disrespectful for people to BRAG about it, and while you may not take offense, some people might. It's a matter of modesty and respect for other's feelings.
I'm sticking to that.

baylormed said:
I never said I was angry. Heck, I don't need to study as much as others to perform well in a class.
However, I said that it is disrespectful to BRAG about it, and while you may not take offense, some people might. It's a matter of modesty and respect for other's feelings.
I'm sticking to that.
++

so many times i've offended my friends by accident
and i mean "by accident" like, "whered u go during the weekend, u didn't join our study group" "i went to this concert"
then they got pissed

i can't believe the number of ppl here explicitly sayin, "oh i didn't need to study"
hell, the really smart people don't usually brag because they don't have to
the 4.0 40+ mcat ones i know don't even tell others about their grades/scores unless we "interrogate" them

I didn't study for the MCAT, didn't start studying 6 months earlier, didn't not do problem sets/projects for the 3 weeks beforehand, and definitely did not take a Kaplan class.
And I flipped off the proctors mid-verbal.

coralfangs said:
++

so many times i've offended my friends by accident
and i mean "by accident" like, "whered u go during the weekend, u didn't join our study group" "i went to this concert"
then they got pissed

i can't believe the number of ppl here explicitly sayin, "oh i didn't need to study"
hell, the really smart people don't usually brag because they don't have to
the 4.0 40+ mcat ones i know don't even tell others about their grades/scores unless we "interrogate" them

This brings up an interesting question. Is it bad to be 'understated', that is not to show off, during the interview run? I don't think so, but that said, I'm thinking of taking a laptop with me during interviews to show videos of my research and stuff.

kevster2001 said:

good one.

coral, you got a 37, whatchu complaining about?

Seriously. The "I didn't study" tools will probably be at med school, too. :Rolleyes:
You know what? Whatever.

I believe the phrase "undercover gunner" sums up said tools.

Dr Durden said:
Haha. If you are saying stuff like "Oh I didn't study at all for the Ochem final/MCAT/Biochemistry final" you are not an undercover anything. You are a gunner. I know there is a "You know you're a gunner when...."

right after test:

rob: "man i just totally flunked that test."
premed: "yea man me too. it was sooo hard."

week later:

rob: "man i totally flunked that test. how'd you do?"
premed: "ehh not that great i got a 90. do you think i should argue for some points back?"

lol i don't think this is even related to this thread but i felt compelled to write that.

meh, I had a "good" practice score in my kaplan class and the instructor told the entire class my score... so yeah, the more people bring it up, the more annoyed I get about it, the more I have a tendency to be an ass bout it.

"wait doesn't everyone score in the top 10 percentile?" :rolleyes:

Anastasis said:
Then I'll just say this for the record: I studied my ass off for the MCAT and I'm not afraid to admit it.
++

same, i did almost every passage in the PR science workbook haha

Anastasis said:
Then I'll just say this for the record: I studied my ass off for the MCAT and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Me too! Hell yeah. I was studying for the MCAT on my lunch breaks at work, doing flash cards on the bus. Three years out of school. 29R, the R is for REPRESENT. That's all.

Depakote said:

I feel strongly that the word "bender" should reenter everyday vernacular.

GinGinChicken said:
I feel strongly that the word "bender" should reenter everyday vernacular.

You know what? You are a good example of a new member not being an a$$ right off the bat. I like that about you. I also like Gin. Welcome. :clap: That's all.

jackieMD2007 said:
You know what? You are a good example of a new member not being an a$$ right off the bat. I like that about you. I also like Gin. Welcome. :clap: That's all.

Thanks Jackie! Here's a secret though. I'm not really a new member. I used to have an account, but I had to change my name, because it was really obvious who I was and my premed advisor used to read the forums all the time. Saying things like "i like the word 'bender'" would probably make her call me into her office and ask why I was relying so heavily on "the alcohol".

Nonetheless, I rarely posted under the old name, so call me a born-again SDNer.

Also, I like gin, too. And chicken. And gin WITH chicken.

Dr Durden said:

That's what we call a "sniper"...Gunners and snipers appear to be the same species but the two in fact cannot create viable offspring (a Poli-Sci major usually results).

^ Gunners are not snipers. Snipers are not gunners. The difference between the gunner and the sniper is the differnece between the kid who spent six months studying for the MCAT and told everyone his score six minutes after he got it and the kid who spent six days scoring 45s on practice tests before walking in and setting the curve. A sniper does well without effort, and doesn't tell anyone how well she did. A gunner does well by brute force, psychological warfare, and sabotage. The only thing they really have in common is that they both share the top 5% of academic endeavors - they and hard-workers (who also aren't gunners or snipers). If you tell even one person how well you did on anything academically related - or if you even *ask* one person how well s/he did in effort to compare the person to you or to have a chance at sharing how *you* did, you aren't a sniper. In other words, snipers are the Matildas of med school. There isn't a negative connotation to being one. If you think you are one, you aren't. If you'd like to be one, you can't. It's sort of like being cool.

Rafa said:
^ Gunners are not snipers. Snipers are not gunners. The difference between the gunner and the sniper is the differnece between the kid who spent six months studying for the MCAT and told everyone his score six minutes after he got it and the kid who spent six days scoring 45s on practice tests before walking in and setting the curve. A sniper does well without effort, and doesn't tell anyone how well she did. A gunner does well by brute force, psychological warfare, and sabotage. The only thing they really have in common is that they both share the top 5% of academic endeavors - they and hard-workers (who also aren't gunners or snipers). If you tell even one person how well you did on anything academically related - or if you even *ask* one person how well s/he did in effort to compare the person to you or to have a chance at sharing how *you* did, you aren't a sniper. In other words, snipers are the Matildas of med school. There isn't a negative connotation to being one. If you think you are one, you aren't. If you'd like to be one, you can't. It's sort of like being cool.

I believe the term for this is actually "animal." Like the guy you see at the library all the time and he just says hi to you. I love that guy.

What is this "studying" you speak of? Is it like a creme or something before an exam? I am such a god of academics that all bow before me. They had to create a special harder mensa exam for me which involved fighting chuck norris WHILE completing the exam...of course I didn't miss an answer and I made chuck norris cry at the same time. Compared to my godly omnipotence
you are all tiny little black hairs on the taint of a less famous version of Wayne Knight.

Anyway. I don't get those people even though I think I've been one a few times..

baylormed said:
I never said I was angry. Heck, I don't need to study as much as others to perform well in a class <---sorry for saying exactly what the post is complaining about, but I felt the above poster was telling me I shouldn't get offended if I'm dumb just because other people are smart. I won't say it again!!

However, I said that it is disrespectful for people to BRAG about it, and while you may not take offense, some people might. It's a matter of modesty and respect for other's feelings.
I'm sticking to that.

Agreed. After re-reading my previous post, it occured to me that I included your quote and gave the impression that I was specifically addressing you. Sorry. I actually did not think you sounded angry either, just a general impression I had of some other comments in this thread. Anyway, I agree that the bragging is bad form and can be quite annoying to some. I guess I just ignore it usually. However, I have been known to get sarcastic with many of those posts that say: "My GPA is only a 3.9 and totally bombed the MCAT with a 39. Do you think I still have a chance to get into any med school? Should I re-take or ask for a re-score?". Because you know they really are just looking for a big "wow! contratulations! your awesome!". Truth is, if they would just come out and say they are happy about their performances, people might actually give them props, even ask for advice. But the whole fake thing ruins it.