Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Thesis at interview ?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by isomerjohn, Mar 21, 2002.

1. isomerjohn

isomerjohn Senior Member

Any opinions on handing in a thesis from grad school at interview for file / only thing it is only about half done ? Opinions on stating that with submission and handing in say........ an abstract, background with result chart but no discussion, as that part of the papaer is not yet completed ?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    Perhaps you should bring the abstract with you, mention your research during the interview and see how it goes. If they seem very interested, you offer up the abstract. It just would seem kind of forward to whip out your thesis and hand it to them. Just my opinion...

4. maxim728

maxim728 Member

Hi isomerjohn, I have an interview next week at MSUCOM, I am only in my first year of a Masters, but I sent them a paper that was published in a journal with my name as an author. they included it in my file. Likewise, i just found out today from a few Professors that my abstracts for 2 Cancer Conferences were published in the Conferences "Proceedings" book. So i really now, as I am told, have three publications, 1 in journal and 2 in books. I am bringing copies of the two abstracts with me to the interview. So, the answer to your question is : YES, bring it with you, especially anything published or submitted. I only wish I knew about my situation with the papers in July when i was doing my applications!!! Anyways, I have an interview at my 1st choice school, so Im ok. Good luck to you. Also, most Master's either ask you to write a thesis or publish a paper. Maybe you could say that future successful work will be incorporated into your thesis, made into a manuscript, and will be sent out for publication into scientific journals??