Thick envelope in the mail...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BoogieGnome

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at Brown about a month ago, and just got a big envelope in the mail from them! Sweet! I'm accepted!!! woohooo!!!!

or not.

'Dear Dartmouth Medical School Applicant'.... wtf? It was for the Brown-Dartmouth program. They sent me a copy of their viewbook, which I already have, and invited me to visit their campus, which I already did when I interviewed there.

Members don't see this ad.

BoogieGnome said:
I interviewed at Brown about a month ago, and just got a big envelope in the mail from them! Sweet! I'm accepted!!! woohooo!!!!

or not.

'Dear Dartmouth Medical School Applicant'.... wtf? It was for the Brown-Dartmouth program. They sent me a copy of their viewbook, which I already have, and invited me to visit their campus, which I already did when I interviewed there.

+pity+

you got punked!

BoogieGnome said:

or not.

Tufts did the same thing to me, except worse. I thought it was an acceptance, but it was actually a letter of 'wait-listing'. Grrrrr, if I hadnt already known because I called them the week before, I would have had to hurt somebody...

Members don't see this ad :)
prazmatic said:
Tufts did the same thing to me, except worse. I thought it was an acceptance, but it was actually a letter of 'wait-listing'. Grrrrr, if I hadnt already known because I called them the week before, I would have had to hurt somebody...

What the frig? I got an acceptance letter and I didn't get a brochure or anything? This process is really messed up. I want a viewbook, dammit!! And what's up with everyone else receiving free stuff? I want a cheap pen too!

BoogieGnome said:

or not.

Do most of the schools even send thick envelopes? My only acceptance so far came in a thin business envelope. The only thick envelopes I've gotten are brochures and stuff from schools I haven't even submitted my apps to.

BoogieGnome said:

or not.

funny.

i haven't gotten a brown invite but i did get a nice thick envelope from them... from the Brown Annual Fund asking for money since i'm an alumna.

bastards. i'll send them money when they send me an invite.

ND2005 said:
Do most of the schools even send thick envelopes? My only acceptance so far came in a thin business envelope. The only thick envelopes I've gotten are brochures and stuff from schools I haven't even submitted my apps to.

True, my only acceptance so far wasn't very thick. I just made assumptions because I had interviewed there and received their brochures already.

It could've been a lot worse: A nice thick packet enumerating all the reasons that I'm not qualified for their fine institution. :laugh:

isobel said:
funny.

i haven't gotten a brown invite but i did get a nice thick envelope from them... from the Brown Annual Fund asking for money since i'm an alumna.

bastards. i'll send them money when they send me an invite.

haha, ouch! That is worse. A little internal coordination on their part might be a good idea.

I'd say hold off on any money until you graduate from there again. :)