Thin envelope from UNC...Not a reject!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RainaNoelle

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a thin envelope from UNC today (I'm an out-of-stater) and thought I was doomed. Luckily, when I opened it I saw that it's just one of those "we got your application" type letters. It says they'll evaluate out-of-staters and possibly send secondaries after they get our MCAT scores. Also, any out-of-stater who gets a secondary gets interviewed! :D

Here's hoping my next envelope from them is bigger! ;)

Raina

Members don't see this ad.

I got that thin envelope too. :cool:

It didn't scare me though, since I knew it was way too early for them to be sending out rejections...Here's to a big thick envelope for each of us in teh coming months!

I'm starting to think that all this Fat = acceptance Thin = rejection stuff is just a rumor/legend. All the correspondence I've received thus far has been in thin envelopes, including my one page acceptance letter. :)

the fat and thin thing depends on each school.

some schools send a lot of other material, like info on clubs finances, and what not with their acceptance letters, thus a bigger or fatter envelope.

but this whole process seems so random and times and there always seems to be acceptions . . . who really knows.

if anything, at least a fat envelope won't be a rejection.