Things are more complicated than they should be!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leiface

i see sick people
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

GPA question...in reading the AMCAS instruction book, there are a few confusing factors. Do you HAVE to put down classes you withdrew from and what grades you were getting in them? I have one class I withdrew from and all I know is that I wasn't doing well, but I do not know precisely what grade I was getting... Also it requires you to put down all your AP classes from high school. Do AP classes factor into your GPA, and do we need to send a transcript to AMCAS from our high schools? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

leiface said:
Hey guys,

GPA question...in reading the AMCAS instruction book, there are a few confusing factors. Do you HAVE to put down classes you withdrew from and what grades you were getting in them? I have one class I withdrew from and all I know is that I wasn't doing well, but I do not know precisely what grade I was getting... Also it requires you to put down all your AP classes from high school. Do AP classes factor into your GPA, and do we need to send a transcript to AMCAS from our high schools? Thanks :)

hmm, if theres a W on your transcript, than you have to include it. you don't need to put what you were getting, that's ridiculous.

Mr. Rosewater said:
hmm, if theres a W on your transcript, than you have to include it. you don't need to put what you were getting, that's ridiculous.

But everone will assume you were getting an A- or worse.

If something you do RE: AMCAS seems easy and free of red tape, you did it wrong.