Things med students need to stop thinking/saying:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Who said that? A medical student in India?
There's some delusional MS1s on Twitter. I know i made a mistake reading tweets :bag::sorry:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Serious question. Are there actually physicians who work full time making less than 100K/yr? I guess there will be jobs working at a nonprofit or indigent clinic making less than 100K, but are there jobs that are for profit making less than 100K?

If so, I have a bridge to sell them. Why not just be a nurse and make 100K with 2x less schooling
These less than 100k jobs are never actual full time. Even indigent care at true 1.0 FTE should get you a "normal" salary in peds because so many kids are covered by CHIP or Medicaid.

The general pediatricians who take these job never take mommy call, don't attend deliveries, don't see their newborns in the hospital and don't do procedures. Would venture that they also never work more than 3.5 clinic days, none of which are weekends. Probably have 20 minutes appointment slots too. They don't seem to understand that seeing patients is what generates income. While so much of general peds is preventative or uncomplicated care, it's really not hard to see the ways to increase revenue.

Reactions: 1 user