Things to do during yr off.. o.O

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

magicmage88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys.. im graduating in early may 2010 and taking my mcat at the end of that month. therefore, ill be working on secondaries and going to interviews (hopefully! :p ) during the yr after i graduate. what are some things that I should/could do during that time? I was thinking of doing some rly good research or joining americorps.. im also going to get first responder certified next semester.. so I was thinking of working as an EMT? tho, im not entirely sure how to go about that.. :-/ any advice will be appreciated. thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Americorps. Pretty easy gig and you can live at home if you want to. Plus adcoms eat that crap up

Any of those three options would add significantly to your extracurriculars and give you great stuff to include in update letters in mid application season.

There are a lot of EMTs hanging out on SDN. Hopefully they will geive you tips on being hired or using the EMT in a volunteer capacity.