things to do in summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stillpremed

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi ,
I was curious to find out if yall had any suggestions for "things to do" in the summer. I am not so interested in research, but I want to do something productive and something that will eat up a lot of time. For example, volunteering is good and fun, but probably won't take up so much time. I will continue to volunteer, though. Do you know of any research programs at institiuions still taking apps? Or any cool programs that are almost completely non academicaly related?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a little confused. You're not interested in research but you're wondering about which schools have research programs still available... But if you look in the bulletin boards in the Chemistry building there are listings of summer research opportunities. Otherwise, you could work at summer camp, free room and board, fun times, and they are always short counselors...

A lot of my buddies took the EMT classes over the summer and got certified. They spent the next couple of years of undergrad doing EMT stuff (e.g. Campus emerg, ER tech)....I wish I had done this in retrospect.