Things You Can't Say On The EM Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docB

Chronically painful
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was posting the “Disaster Preparedness” thread and I was going to start it off with a funny, fatalistic, sarcastic quote but then I got scared. I decided that I couldn’t post that because of all the traffic we’ve gotten lately. What if someone from Vegas, or worse yet the media, saw it and put out a story about “Local ER Doctor Trashes Disaster Prep. Population Panics.” One thing I have learned about Vegas is that if you even look like you might think about harming the tourist biz bad things will happen to you. In any case I guess we’re at the point where we have to self censor and not just about HIPPA stuff.

And for the record, I don't think Vegas is worse off than enywhere else. I think disaster prep is poor nationwide.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree, disaster prep seems to be poor nationwide. A lot of requirements are there on paper, but will likely be quickly overwhelmed. Heck, there's constantly less funding for residency education and for upgrading facilities. How do they expect us to make the necessary preparations when they continue to cut funds.

I guess the exception is In N' Out with their new touch screens, now that program is funded, they can turn out tons of fries and shakes to feed the masses

docB said:
I was posting the “Disaster Preparedness” thread and I was going to start it off with a funny, fatalistic, sarcastic quote but then I got scared. I decided that I couldn’t post that because of all the traffic we’ve gotten lately. What if someone from Vegas, or worse yet the media, saw it and put out a story about “Local ER Doctor Trashes Disaster Prep. Population Panics.” One thing I have learned about Vegas is that if you even look like you might think about harming the tourist biz bad things will happen to you. In any case I guess we’re at the point where we have to self censor and not just about HIPPA stuff.

And for the record, I don't think Vegas is worse off than enywhere else. I think disaster prep is poor nationwide.
Why not just change your profile to an anonymous local (obviously too late now) and then feel free to gripe all ya want. I doubt InNOut will rat you out if the media shows up at their drive through looking for a docB who work there.

Members don't see this ad :)
docB said:

Do you think the Vegas slogan was actually created for visitors? No, it was created for its citizens.

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!

southerndoc said:
Do you think the Vegas slogan was actually created for visitors? No, it was created for its citizens.

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!

Nice. Check out my visiting vegas thread and feel free to postpad on it.