Think AMCAS's closed during this difficult time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bubblebear

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was calling AMCAS due to a big fat ERROR in my application (my whole coursework section is deleted!!!). After being on hold for 45 minutes, I got the ring tone and 2 seconds later, I'm out of their system and being put on hold again! I guess the AMCAS office's closed due to what's happening in DC. Wonder when they'll resume operation.

Members don't see this ad.

I hope to God they closed? If you were working for AMCAS yesterday and planes were crashing into government buildings would you not be terrified? I'm sure right now the people at AMCAS are happy to be alive and with their families. THE LEAST important thing on their minds and rightfully so is AMCAS applications!!

They were closed yesterday but are open today. I was on hold today for 40 minutes only. "Melvin" was very nice ...and very sad...as are we all.

first their computer "gurus" guarunteed everythign woudl be fine in June...

Then we had "delays and bugs"

Then the Worm Virus hit the epicenter D.C., and they were delayed even further..

Then there was power outage in D.C.....

Then a plane flew by and hit the pentagon...

Then they had frantic premeds calling them for a period of 3 months....

next week there is going to be meetings of the internation monetary something, and wide protests against "globalization" etc etc

is it just me, or does AMCAS have one too many problems facing them? :rolleyes:

as a future applicant of GWU or Georgetown, I want to ask all the wonderful people of D.C. are these typical things? oh Kramba....can someone please tell me why the people at Stanford are so rude?