Thinking about withdrawing my application because I'm too late.

5

577455

Hey guys so this is my first time applying.

Someone on here suggested I submit my application to one school so AADSAS can start verifying my GPA. So I did that on 8/17. My GPA still hasn't been verified. I'm scheduled to take my DAT on Sept 21st. I thought that by now I would have everything ready and I could fax the schools my DAT. However at this point, I have a letter of recommendation from my Physiology professor and one from a dentist. Another second dentist agreed to write my third letter of recommendation but hasn't submitted it yet (deadline for him is 9/1/15). For my fourth letter of recommendation I wanted to get a organic chemistry professor or biochemistry professor to write me a letter, but I haven't been able to contact one through email or office hours.

I'm summary: DAT is scheduled on 9/21. I'm waiting for dentist #2 to finish his letter. I need to ask and wait for a 4th letter of recommendation from a chemistry professor. At this point, I'm very scared that I won't have everything in on time. I feel like if I submit now I will be wasting my money and I will have to work harder to improve my app for next cycle.

Should I withdraw my application, and apply next cycle? Am I too late? Please advise.
 

Blackhorse90

2+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2014
212
186
Status
Pre-Dental
I had a friend who submitted in November and she got in at Western
 

zammyd

2+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2015
286
257
Status
Dental Student
Don't withdraw. I know people who applied October and November. Don't let the keeners on SDN get you down.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Golfah

tooth knockn

Treat others how you want to be treated
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2012
2,358
1,010
NY
Status
Pre-Dental
Wimp....

I mean what?!

Withdraw an app?!

Does not make sense... You already submitted your application..... You are in the game...... Like it or not.
 

tooth knockn

Treat others how you want to be treated
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2012
2,358
1,010
NY
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey guys so this is my first time applying.

Someone on here suggested I submit my application to one school so AADSAS can start verifying my GPA. So I did that on 8/17. My GPA still hasn't been verified. I'm scheduled to take my DAT on Sept 21st. I thought that by now I would have everything ready and I could fax the schools my DAT. However at this point, I have a letter of recommendation from my Physiology professor and one from a dentist. Another second dentist agreed to write my third letter of recommendation but hasn't submitted it yet (deadline for him is 9/1/15). For my fourth letter of recommendation I wanted to get a organic chemistry professor or biochemistry professor to write me a letter, but I haven't been able to contact one through email or office hours.

I'm summary: DAT is scheduled on 9/21. I'm waiting for dentist #2 to finish his letter. I need to ask and wait for a 4th letter of recommendation from a chemistry professor. At this point, I'm very scared that I won't have everything in on time. I feel like if I submit now I will be wasting my money and I will have to work harder to improve my app for next cycle.

Should I withdraw my application, and apply next cycle? Am I too late? Please advise.
 

KristenD77

Predent
5+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2012
205
25
Yes it's better to be early but it's not necessary. Take the gamble and pay the money. I'm a late applicant as well. Lets roll the dice
 
Sep 8, 2012
473
501
NYC
Status
Dental Student
By the time that my application was mailed, it was the end of October. I'm a D3 now. Nuff said.
 
OP
5

577455

Thank you guys. I'm going to keep moving forward with this cycle. I know that UMich has a deadline of of Oct 15 for applications. Does anyone know if that is their deadline for a complete application? Or can I fax them my DAT scores? If I take the DAT on the 21st, by the time things are processed and they receive it I think it would be past their deadline.
 

RuffDay

2+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2015
775
356
Status
Dental Student
Thank you guys. I'm going to keep moving forward with this cycle. I know that UMich has a deadline of of Oct 15 for applications. Does anyone know if that is their deadline for a complete application? Or can I fax them my DAT scores? If I take the DAT on the 21st, by the time things are processed and they receive it I think it would be past their deadline.
Your DAT should make it there on time, but you should worry about UMich secondaries. It is a pain in the tooth.