Thinking about withdrawing my application because I'm too late.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hey guys so this is my first time applying.

Someone on here suggested I submit my application to one school so AADSAS can start verifying my GPA. So I did that on 8/17. My GPA still hasn't been verified. I'm scheduled to take my DAT on Sept 21st. I thought that by now I would have everything ready and I could fax the schools my DAT. However at this point, I have a letter of recommendation from my Physiology professor and one from a dentist. Another second dentist agreed to write my third letter of recommendation but hasn't submitted it yet (deadline for him is 9/1/15). For my fourth letter of recommendation I wanted to get a organic chemistry professor or biochemistry professor to write me a letter, but I haven't been able to contact one through email or office hours.

I'm summary: DAT is scheduled on 9/21. I'm waiting for dentist #2 to finish his letter. I need to ask and wait for a 4th letter of recommendation from a chemistry professor. At this point, I'm very scared that I won't have everything in on time. I feel like if I submit now I will be wasting my money and I will have to work harder to improve my app for next cycle.

Should I withdraw my application, and apply next cycle? Am I too late? Please advise.

Members don't see this ad.

I had a friend who submitted in November and she got in at Western

Don't withdraw. I know people who applied October and November. Don't let the keeners on SDN get you down.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Persistence is key! Keep going to office hours as much as you can - find out if they are teaching any classes and try to talk with them after

Wimp....

I mean what?!

Withdraw an app?!

Does not make sense... You already submitted your application..... You are in the game...... Like it or not.

Hey guys so this is my first time applying.

Someone on here suggested I submit my application to one school so AADSAS can start verifying my GPA. So I did that on 8/17. My GPA still hasn't been verified. I'm scheduled to take my DAT on Sept 21st. I thought that by now I would have everything ready and I could fax the schools my DAT. However at this point, I have a letter of recommendation from my Physiology professor and one from a dentist. Another second dentist agreed to write my third letter of recommendation but hasn't submitted it yet (deadline for him is 9/1/15). For my fourth letter of recommendation I wanted to get a organic chemistry professor or biochemistry professor to write me a letter, but I haven't been able to contact one through email or office hours.

I'm summary: DAT is scheduled on 9/21. I'm waiting for dentist #2 to finish his letter. I need to ask and wait for a 4th letter of recommendation from a chemistry professor. At this point, I'm very scared that I won't have everything in on time. I feel like if I submit now I will be wasting my money and I will have to work harder to improve my app for next cycle.

Should I withdraw my application, and apply next cycle? Am I too late? Please advise.

You submitted...might as well apply....if you are questioning it or worried about money, dont apply to too many schools and just the few you really want to go to

Yes it's better to be early but it's not necessary. Take the gamble and pay the money. I'm a late applicant as well. Lets roll the dice

By the time that my application was mailed, it was the end of October. I'm a D3 now. Nuff said.

Thank you guys. I'm going to keep moving forward with this cycle. I know that UMich has a deadline of of Oct 15 for applications. Does anyone know if that is their deadline for a complete application? Or can I fax them my DAT scores? If I take the DAT on the 21st, by the time things are processed and they receive it I think it would be past their deadline.

Thank you guys. I'm going to keep moving forward with this cycle. I know that UMich has a deadline of of Oct 15 for applications. Does anyone know if that is their deadline for a complete application? Or can I fax them my DAT scores? If I take the DAT on the 21st, by the time things are processed and they receive it I think it would be past their deadline.

Your DAT should make it there on time, but you should worry about UMich secondaries. It is a pain in the tooth.

UMich secondary? I thought they didn't have one...

Whoops! I was thinking of Minnesota, sorry. To give you a peace of mind, your DAT should get to them on time.