• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

XRanger

10+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2005
Status
Medical Student
I'm thinking of take physics abroad next summer in UK; however, I've heard stories that the GPA won't count AMCAS, and it's frowned upon by med schools to take premed courses abroad. Is this true? so is study abroad a positive or negative thing for med school admission?

riceman04

10+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2005
Los Angeles
Status
Medical Student
Will the grades show up on an American uni's transcript?

If so, you are fine! But if they do not then those classes will not count towards fulfilling your pre-reqs.
I took physics (1st semester) in the UK, but it was through Arcadia University here in the states. Arcadia and Butler set up study abroad programs for alot of universities here (they do for my alma mater, Rice U.)

unfrozencaveman

not a dude
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2005
Miami, FL
Status
riceman04 said:
Will the grades show up on an American uni's transcript?

If so, you are fine! But if they do not then those classes will not count towards fulfilling your pre-reqs.
I took physics (1st semester) in the UK, but it was through Arcadia University here in the states. Arcadia and Butler set up study abroad programs for alot of universities here (they do for my alma mater, Rice U.)

10 points to whoever knows what Arcadia University used to be called.

About the Ads

riceman04

10+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2005
Los Angeles
Status
Medical Student
unfrozencaveman said:
10 points to whoever knows what Arcadia University used to be called.
I win I win I win!!!!!!
It was "Beaver College"!!!!

10 pts for me! :D

About the Ads