Thinning the applicant pool before xmas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Treg

Surgeon in training
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like some schools (i.e. Cornell and others) aimed to trim down the pool before christmas.

So I wonder if those of us still waiting have better odds?

(with no status updates or correspondence these days, there is more time to analyze/day dream) ;)

Treg:)

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Treg
It seems like some schools (i.e. Cornell and others) aimed to trim down the pool before christmas.

So I wonder if those of us still waiting have better odds?

(with no status updates or correspondence these days, there is more time to analyze/day dream) ;)

Treg:)

I've been complete since September, but was fortunate enough to survive this far. I would think that since the applicant pool is smaller, that our chances should be increased although it could be that they haven't reviewed our files.

I really hope we get some interviews when the ad comm comes back from the break! Perhaps by the end of next week. Good luck all! May we all get that important e-mail! :clap:

i agree with the thinning of applicants....its weird and soo festive of university of washington in seattle to send me a rejection letter on Christmas Eve!!!

I thought it was a riot, but I guess most out of state people dont have much chance getting in since they are part of that weird state program thingamajig

But so far I am waiting ..no replies yet from 15 schools, grrr!!!!:(