Third year is just about over...DECISION TIME!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrVanNostran

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright fellow third years, we are in our final weeks! Most of us probably only have one shelf left. It is almost time for us to stress our sub-internships, plan our fun electives, go on a job interview that feels like a school interview, and most importantly make one of the most important decisions of our lives, what wonderful field of medicine to apply to.

What are your plans?

DVN: Internal Medicine. Hopefully in Chicago, with future plans of Heme-Onc or Cardiology.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright fellow third years, we are in our final weeks! Most of us probably only have one shelf left. It is almost time for us to stress our sub-internships, plan our fun electives, go on a job interview that feels like a school interview, and most importantly make one of the most important decisions of our lives, what wonderful field of medicine to apply to.

What are your plans?

DVN: Internal Medicine. Hopefully in Chicago, with future plans of Heme-Onc or Cardiology.

2 shelf exams left - Peds tmrw and then I start OB on Tuesday

My plans - Radiology. Prefer the West Coast. Fellowship in IR, Neuro, or INR.

anesthesia in philadelphia hopefully

Gas fo sho. Kansas City and Chicago are currently my top 2 picks with Denver a close third, though I certainly wouldn't mind being back in the Carolinas, in Austin, or in Dallas.

Thanks for hyping your own site, Bill!

While I agree he should have revealed his affiliation, the site seems like a really good idea. Given how scutwork.com has really fallen by the wayside (horribly out of date), I hope that this site actually takes off so that in two years when I'm applying I'll have somewhere I can look that actually reviews residencies instead of just cobbling together info from people who "know someone" at any given program.

Just my 2c.

Gas fo sho. Kansas City and Chicago are currently my top 2 picks with Denver a close third, though I certainly wouldn't mind being back in the Carolinas, in Austin, or in Dallas.

Sadly, there are no anesthesia programs in Austin. The commute to the nearest program in San Antonio would be a beast.

Sadly, there are no anesthesia programs in Austin. The commute to the nearest program in San Antonio would be a beast.

San Antonio to Austin usually took me a little over an hour to drive. One could maybe live ~halfway for the best of both worlds, but I imagine residents would rather live near the hospital.