GoLAClippers

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2007
Status (Visible)
This person had a 6 on verbal for the August test. This January test, he doubled his original score and made a 12. He said that he knew about the error-passage before hand, which made him skip that passage immediately and gave him more time to do the other passages. He said that probably helped his score go up 3 to 4 points from his practice test. What would med school admissions people think?

About the Ads

Disinence2

Emergency Medicine
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
What?

How did you know before hand.

They will think "wow this guy really improved alot! He must have had a very bad first test, or worked hard to get his score up"

Congradulations

awk

AWK
10+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
There is a slew of threads about the error passage. The AAMC did all they could to rectify the situation. One "guy" who knew about it before the test doesn't matter to anyone, sure as hell not adcomms. Good for him.

dutchman

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
The first practice test I ever took was a 7 the second one was a 6. Within the space of 2 months I improved my score to a 12 on the actual test. I am not surprised.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.