SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

This guy's verbal score is a fluke?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by GoLAClippers, Mar 5, 2007.

1. GoLAClippers

GoLAClippers Banned Banned

Feb 26, 2007
    This person had a 6 on verbal for the August test. This January test, he doubled his original score and made a 12. He said that he knew about the error-passage before hand, which made him skip that passage immediately and gave him more time to do the other passages. He said that probably helped his score go up 3 to 4 points from his practice test. What would med school admissions people think?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. awk

awk AWK 2+ Year Member

Dec 10, 2006
    not this again

4. GoLAClippers

GoLAClippers Banned Banned

Feb 26, 2007
    :confused:

Was this topic ever addressed?

5. Disinence2

Disinence2 Emergency Medicine Physician 7+ Year Member

Aug 11, 2006
    What?

How did you know before hand.

They will think "wow this guy really improved alot! He must have had a very bad first test, or worked hard to get his score up"

Congradulations

6. awk

awk AWK 2+ Year Member

Dec 10, 2006
    There is a slew of threads about the error passage. The AAMC did all they could to rectify the situation. One "guy" who knew about it before the test doesn't matter to anyone, sure as hell not adcomms. Good for him.

7. dutchman

dutchman 7+ Year Member

Sep 5, 2006
    The first practice test I ever took was a 7 the second one was a 6. Within the space of 2 months I improved my score to a 12 on the actual test. I am not surprised.

8. pennybridge

pennybridge Banned Banned

Oct 13, 2006
    ditto