This happen to anybody else?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ald

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

Weird, and wonderful, thing happened to me this week... I applied to 4 programs for MPH in epi for Fall '09, with my top choice being Emory. I didn't do so hot on GRE (V610, Q640, AW4.5) so I figured Emory would be a long shot. Wasn't too surprised, but devastated nonetheless, when I received a letter of rejection in Jan. Started thinking about other options, reconsidering other schools, etc for 2 months. THEN, I received a voice mail 2 days ago from the department chair of EPI at Emory that they had sent the rejection letter by mistake, and that I'd really been accepted! She said approximately 20 applicants received rejection letters by mistake (computer glitch it seems).... Any others out there??

Members don't see this ad.

No, but I wish it had!

I had sub-par GRE scores and applied to EOH/Epi, was rejected by the dual concentration but accepted to EOH.

I liked Emory a lot, was happy with the EOH department, but really feel my interests are better served by Epi (infectious disease). Don't know what I'm going to do at this point. Other options are Minnesota (Epi) and BU (Epi), but Minnesota doesn't have a lot to offer as far as ID goes and BU isn't the right fit.

Congrats on Emory!

Dang, that really must put a bone into things. Congrats on your acceptance to Emory, nonetheless. Regardless of your GRE scores, it just goes to show that GRE really doesn't matter that much. It's a formality, really.