this is crazy but.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tercisima

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got a grade that is not what i wanted on an organic chem test i got back today, so my grade dropped to a B. Normally i am very laid back, but i really want to get into med school, I have the flu and have lost my voice, and have to redo my entire class schedule because my school lost my registration paperwork.Not handling this as well as I normally would, in fact, i've become the queen of chain rxn paranoia- " if i got a b on this test, then i'll get a b in the class, and then not get into med school, and then go crazy because of it and the highlight of my day will end up being arts and crafts hour at the state hospital! It would be nice if a few of you would say "no, it isn't the end of the world, you're just nuts" So if you have a similiar story and did not end up playing go fish 8 hours a day in the local looney bin, or feel like being nice, post something, and tell me just how stupid i'm being. thanks

To sit alone with my conscience will be judgement enough for me."- Charles William Stubbs

Members don't see this ad.

...do we really have to tell you?? I got a C in Organic both semesters, and got in to two schools already...you will be fine!!

The subject of your thread is right on. It is crazy.

And, no, its not the end of the world, you're just nuts.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had this problem in both semesters of orgo. The first in each semester I would bomb it. I got a 55 in the first one and a 56 on the second. And both of these were the easiest tests of the semester, class average was an 80 or so.

I ended up doing better on the harder tests and getting a B in each semester.

Orgo is a difficult class, to get a B is an accomplishment.

But you also sound like this guy I know at school who feels he must go into dentistry because his gpa is too low to even bother applying to med school. He has a 3.59 gpa.

No way, you got a B??? There's goes your chances...:p
I'm playing...
i suppose if B is the highest grade you've ever have in school and you are hoping to get into Harvard, and only Harvard, then maybe you might want to worry a little bit...
Otherwise, don't sweat it, enjoy life..

this is hillarious, keep it coming, mentally ill people are easily amused.:rolleyes:

Where are you doing your undergrad? Please please please don't worry about a "B." But, if your school has a good reputation in the sciences, that would be even better. I agree that you worrying too much. With a few more people like you around, I might want to invest in Pepcid.

You'll be fine,

Ryan

I had a similiar problem with organic, and I'm getting a white coat in the fall... unfortunately it comes with sedatives and buckles in the back (not sure how to get the darn thing off? but I'm sure I'll have time to figure all that out, maybe in my 2nd year??) I heard the school has this great place for me to stay while I'm there, too.. and it's decorated with padded walls.. very minimalist.

Seriously, take it easy. It will really be okay. Take a deep breath. It's Friday. Have a drink (or take some Nyquil, same thing).

Originally posted by DrZippy2b
I had a similiar problem with organic, and I'm getting a white coat in the fall... unfortunately it comes with sedatives and buckles in the back (not sure how to get the darn thing off? but I'm sure I'll have time to figure all that out, maybe in my 2nd year??) I heard the school has this great place for me to stay while I'm there, too.. and it's decorated with padded walls.. very minimalist.

Seriously, take it easy. It will really be okay. Take a deep breath. It's Friday. Have a drink (or take some Nyquil, same thing).

Hehe I hated orgo too. The lecture that is, the lab was a hoot and a holler though! It is the lab that saved my a$$ and brought everything into perspective.

On another note, I believe I've reached a milestone. This is my hundredth post! Doesn't that mean I win something:clap: or does it mean that my wife needs to buy me one of those white coats you mentioned. You know, the fancy ones with the buckles. Padded walls sound good:D

WannabeDO

Originally posted by tercisima
i got a grade that is not what i wanted on an organic chem test i got back today, so my grade dropped to a B. Normally i am very laid back, but i really want to get into med school, I have the flu and have lost my voice, and have to redo my entire class schedule because my school lost my registration paperwork.Not handling this as well as I normally would, in fact, i've become the queen of chain rxn paranoia- " if i got a b on this test, then i'll get a b in the class, and then not get into med school, and then go crazy because of it and the highlight of my day will end up being arts and crafts hour at the state hospital! It would be nice if a few of you would say "no, it isn't the end of the world, you're just nuts" So if you have a similiar story and did not end up playing go fish 8 hours a day in the local looney bin, or feel like being nice, post something, and tell me just how stupid i'm being. thanks

Take a deep breath in....now breathe ooooooout. Breathe in......... ooooooooooout...... in................... ooooooout

If your performance in chemistry courses is consistently sub-par (3.0/2.7 or less), then you may want to take additional courses in advanced sciences such as biochemistry, molecular genetics, etc., to show admissions committees that you can handle the material. Medical school moves fast. You have to be able to understand the material.

I wouldn't go to a doctor if I found out he/she got less than an A in organic chemistry.

Have you considered Law School?

You know what bugs me about premeds? I'll tell you what bugs me about premeds.

Premed students are the most paranoid, obsessive compulsive, grade driven and mentally taxed people in the world.

They smile at an A, sulk at a B, cry at a C, and convulse should they receive a D. F is not a choice here, folks.

Premed students volunteer their time...time they don't have. They kiss butt and smile at everyone. Don't ask them to sign a petition...they protest noone of authority.

Friday nights are their party nights. Usually consists of pizza, a beer or two, and a trip to Blockbuster. Why? The library opens at 9am on Saturday, silly!

Now, this does not cover all premeds.

I was an atypical premed.

Fraternity guy, decent grades, never knew what the library looked like until I started giving campus tours, and I skipped classes.

And I'm here now.

Why did I post this? 2 reasons:

#1. I don't want to get back to studying

and

#2. Relax. If I can do it, you can do it.

I wish I had gotten a B in organic. Organic was my lowest grade in 4 years of college (besides German...who the hell takes German?). And you know what? It's not hurting me now.

I gotta go.

Fenrezz....you're a funny dude.