This is for us who don't have any interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't have any interviews :(

I have sent in my application materials to about 12 schools so far.

Anyone else with me here?

Members don't see this ad.

We all are, scooby...we all are...

haha, this post is DEFINITELY premature. i think us non-interview people are in the majority here.
wouldn't worry about it at all. seriously, only 4 or 5 schools have started scheduling interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
scoobydoo where are u...gosh that used to be my favorite cartoon...

wait didnt u say u went to berkely and had an interview from michigan? :confused:

i dont have one either :D

and dont ask why I am smiling.... ;)

Me too :( But then I don't have any MCAT scores yet, so I guess it's kind of understandable.

U Mich was a TEASE!

It was a glitch in their computer program and both Baylor21 and I noticed it and got our hopes up for nothing :( Baylor21 already had an interview, but not me.

I mainly wanted this thread just to kind of relax everyone that the process was underway but there are many of us that still don't have anything to show for it. Just to calm some nerves :)

I'm here with y'all. My premed committee is dragging their feet on my letters, so I can't even begin to be considered for interviews. Now I'm starting to get secondaries that have deadlines for letters and it's getting hairy. It could be worse Scoob.

Scoob, you've certainly done a lot more secondaries than a lot of us have (well at least I'm speaking for myself, I guess I can't really speak for everyone else)! I think you should just sit tight and enjoy your PiKap parties! And do work at work so your boss won't get mad at you. :D

Originally posted by Smoke This:
•I'm here with y'all. My premed committee is dragging their feet on my letters, so I can't even begin to be considered for interviews. Now I'm starting to get secondaries that have deadlines for letters and it's getting hairy. It could be worse Scoob.•

My rate-limiting step (now what kind of pre-med thread would this be without a scientific allusion ;) is also the committe letter. I have completed 6 secondaries and I thought I was on top of things. I can't get out of the personal statement mentality of checking and rechecking my essays, but hopefully it will pay off. 12! damn scoob. stop asking me the questions, I'm gonna start IM'ing you with ?'s :)
later

hmmm

I would have thought this thread would have been bigger by now.....but apparently it is the same pple posting 3 times :)

Guess everyone else is off to interviews ;)

just curious. those interviewing are for regular admissions and not for early decision.... RIGHT?

no interviews here either. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I've come to join the boat. May I?? I won't get any interviews for awhile. My rate-limiting step (haha!!!!) is also my committe rec which won't be completed until early Sept. I've sent off 4 secondaries so far and am going to work on two today (go figure, they're the two w/ thoughtful essay questions).

Hey Scoobydoo:

I have sent off 12 secondaries as well. No word from any of them. However, I did get rejected from Stanford yesterday!

All the best.

NADA! No rejections yet either.

I also have the committee letter problem...why does it take over a month to write one at my school? That's what I want to know. :rolleyes:

TBone:

Rejected by Stanford by snail mail. Oh well. I go to an Ivy League school and I have good stats, so they can F$$% me.
Not that I'm bitter. :)

Chill out everyone. It's not even September yet! Right now, the schools are only interviewing the students with a 4.0 GPA and 40 MCAT. I didn't interview anywhere until February. Applying to med school is all about WAITING. You'll do a lot of it. This is only the beginning. Those calls will come... be patient.

;)

Originally posted by Amitha726:
•Chill out everyone. It's not even September yet! Right now, the schools are only interviewing the students with a 4.0 GPA and 40 MCAT. •

I thought that's what everyone that posts here has... ;)

And Miami - did they ask for a secondary or just reject you flat out? Stanford was always the first school I was rejected from.

Andrew

I'm joining the club. It figures that out of 10 schools, one of my top choices (duke) is one of the last to contact me (still waiting). On the other hand, Wash U was really fast at cashing that check I sent. My application status on the website is still "not received"!!
Cheers.

Originally posted by SeeSo:
•I'm joining the club. It figures that out of 10 schools, one of my top choices (duke) is one of the last to contact me (still waiting). On the other hand, Wash U was really fast at cashing that check I sent. My application status on the website is still "not received"!!
Cheers.•

Yeah I noticed that the people at Wash U dont seem to update their database very often.

No interview invites here either. Also got rejected by stanford ... Oh well! :(

those of you being rejected from stanford...how long did it take?
When did you turn in your secondary?
And when did you get the notice that you were rejected? And what are your approximate stats..I am just waiting to go home one day and get that stanford rejection also :(

Rejected outright from stanford.

Approximate stats: 3.7 from an Ivy League School and MCAT around 30. I submitted my AMCAS app around June 25th. But I did get the Pittsburgh app, woo-hoo!

Hey, I didn't even get a secondary from stanford! At least I didn't have to waste more money on it! Yay!

What is so special about Stanford anyway?

Rejected from Stanford today. Who do they think they are anyway? Whatever, they were my last choice in Cali anyway.

Dang! These stanford peeps must think their dookie don't stink (had to make it clean for the mods)!!! I'll be checking my box for any news for them. I do know a 3rd year there who says the place is better than sex, so there must be something good about it.

take care!

Lumi

can the pple who got rejected by stanford post their stats?

what is so IRONIC is, these pple are usually the cream of the crop.....gosh...i bet they get all 40 and 4.0 gpas then sheeesh

I am afraid of getting a rejection letter :(