Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

This is funny....part deux

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Trek, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member
    7+ Year Member

Some of you may remember me as the woefully unprepared interviewee a couple of days ago. Since it's now over, i thought i'd toss out a couple of quick impressions i received.

Firstly, i took you guys sage advice and looked up some info on the school so i could talk about it- value-none. Never asked.

I did some stem cell, science issues research so i'd be up on it. Value-none. Never asked.

What i didn't do was any ethical dilemmas. Bad idea. My first interviewer, an old radiologist was HEAVY into that. It started off nicely - some jokes and stuff, but soon he bought out the big guns: 7 people, 1 kidney. 1 patient, happens to have raped my wife. Me, supposed to execute someone. He had me on the ropes for about 1/2 an hour (seemed like 4) in rapidfire questioning. A rough way to start as this was my first.

Another surprise was that they really seemed to try to sell us the school- lots of 'we're so good at this...' type stuff.

Clothes- EVERY guy had a suit. Very funeral. Women were 1/2 pants, 1/2 skirts. None stuck out and it broke up the navy/black clothing monotony.

Got a couple more in the next few weeks. if interested, check interviewfeedback under Trek_OCLV for my full insight.

2. Smoke This

Smoke This Sweet cuppin' cakes!
    10+ Year Member

Dang...those are some tough scenarios. Hope it went well. :)

When should you hear from them?

3. synite

synite Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

hey trek, what school was that at?

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't think suits look funereal. I think a guy in a stylish suit and tie looks wonderful.

P.S. I'm female.

5. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

WOAH,
    SMW, I always thought you were a guy!!!
    crazy!
    hahaha

6. Drako

Drako Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    My rule...everyone is a girl until proven otherwise...on the internet at least!

7. kutastha

kutastha 2K Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    ditto.

Andrew

8. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Hmmmmmmm....Interesting. Was it what I said, or how I said it? Wonder if it's relevant that I'll be wearing a pants suit to any interviews I'm lucky enough to get.