THIS IS INSANE!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by grasshopper, Aug 1, 2001.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Senior Member

While looking at my application to see if it had changed today, I spontaneously got switched over to *SOMEBODY ELSE'S* print-out page. So I had this guy's info, including personal statements and stuff, right there in front of me. Also including SSN, I suppose. I had his e-mail, so I e-mailed him to let him know he should be mad. But GRACIOUS! How CRAZY! I worry if all of our info is so haphapzardly distributed . . .anyone still up for that class-action lawsuit? :) I'm joking!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. grasshopper

By the way, do you guys think I should personally try to contact AMCAS concerning the above?

4. Dylann FMD

Dylann FMD Senior Member

If you sent an e-mail to the guy, hopefully he should call and complain. That is just awful. Regardless of the troubles we have had this year, I think this is just totally unacceptable. This crosses a definite line. Call if you want, but I would hope the guy would call (since its his app!). Does your app come up?

5. grasshopper

yeah, mine's there just fine. It was a temporary and random thing. I just pushed "reload" on my own print-out page once and it reloaded his instead of mine. I backed out and was back in my own application. I e-mailed him at both his address and his alternate address, so if he doesn't e-mail back within the next few days to say he'll do something, maybe I'll write AMCAS then. Seriously, do they ever guarantee that our info will be kept secure? Probably not, because internet stuff can get so easily messed up. They don't guarantee that they'll actually transmit the applications either, I guess, or at least not within any reasonable period of time? hmph.

6. labbook

labbook Junior Member

It's madness, I tells ya! My credit card has need dounle charged. Man it pissed me off.

7. prometheus

prometheus Member

Actually, I'm not surprised since the same thing has happened to me three times now. I've emailed AMCAS each time it has happened but I have yet to even receive their generic response email. I figured it was a network problem at ohio state that was causing the problem since every app that showed up was from someone I knew on campus or had done some of their app work on the osu network. But if you're not from osu maybe it is an amcas thing.