OBEAHDOCTOR

5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2010
Just The Tip
Status
Pre-Medical
How do you incorporate your post-bacc science GPA into your undergrad science GPA? I am currently enrolled in biology and chemistry classes that I got Cs in while attending undergrad and I tried to factor them into my undergrad GPA and there didnt seem to be a change. But I do notice that alot of people on SDN report their port bacc separately and then with the science GPA.So I just wanted to know if they are looked at separately or does AMCAS and AACOMAS blend them in with everything else.

Sorry for the simple minded question :oops:

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
Florida/Fellowship
Status
Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
How do you incorporate your post-bacc science GPA into your undergrad science GPA? I am currently enrolled in biology and chemistry classes that I got Cs in while attending undergrad and I tried to factor them into my undergrad GPA and there didnt seem to be a change. But I do notice that alot of people on SDN report their port bacc separately and then with the science GPA.So I just wanted to know if they are looked at separately or does AMCAS and AACOMAS blend them in with everything else.

Sorry for the simple minded question :oops:
For AMCAS, the answer is "all of the above." We can see your overall GPA, your science GPA, separate GPAs calculated for each of your college years, and a separate GPA for your post bac.

AACOMAS allows grade replacement, so I'm not sure how that works in terms of whether they report a separate post bac GPA.

OP
OBEAHDOCTOR

OBEAHDOCTOR

5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2010
Just The Tip
Status
Pre-Medical
I see. So then can parse out the post bacc work and see if there was an upward trend? That works then...I thought everything got clumped together...this is what happens when you dont look at those sites for 6 years...

Thanks for the help :)

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
Florida/Fellowship
Status
Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
So then can parse out the post bacc work and see if there was an upward trend?
Yes, although there isn't a further breakdown for the post bac. In other words, if you do two years of post bac, they both are reported together as a single post bac GPA. So we can see if your college senior or junior year GPA is better than your freshman or sophomore year GPA, and we can see if your post bac GPA is better than your UG GPA. But we can't see if your second year post bac GPA is better than your first year post bac GPA. There is only one post bac GPA.