this is my 2nd semester in postbacc so far

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Snapshots

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I joined SDN today!! and just wanted to say that I'm so glad to find SDN to keep me motivated and inspired. I'm Snapshots and doing postbacc right now and this is my 2nd semester so far...

This is how I did in my undergrad:
1.Very low GPA (3.0 science)
2.Very Very low MCAT (19?)

Yikes...I didn't do well on my undergrad and MCAT I know...But anyways here I am in postbacc and I'm trying my best. So far I've taken 6 science classes and maintained good grades. Now I have 4.0 gpa and will try to keep my grades good until I finish this program next year..hopefully.

I'm planning on taking MCAT again in August 24th. (Anybody who's taking it on the same day? Wish everybody the best luck on MCAT!)

Also, I think my EC was pretty good but not great.
Here are some things I've done:
1. Been shadowing for 7 years since high school. I had to stop shadowing him because I had to move to another state for postbacc
2. Created an organization for feeding homeless people every saturday lunch. I've been doing this for 4 years and stopped because of the same reason.
3. Tutoring piano and math,english for poor kids

I haven't done anything spectacular like research...but here are some EC I'd like to do in the near future:
1. Being TA for anatomy and biochemistry next semester to keep me not forgetting learned materials...
2. Shadow another doctor (maybe once/week?) for more clinical experience
3. Get EMT certification...and would like to apply it locally like in amusement park, etc

What do you guys think? And what do you guys do for EC?

Well...but my first and most important priority will be MCAT, right? I'm starting my MCAT studying from the first week of May...as soon as I'm done with this semester. I'm kinda nervous about studying for MCAT again...I know it'll be stressful, but like I said before, you guys keep motivating me...Let's not give up but keep on going guys! I'll let you know how I do on my MCAT...hopefully I can bring some good news :)

Good luck everybody:xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. Sounds like you are taking all the right steps. Nice post-bac GPA, keep it up and focus on the MCAT. As for what I do for activities, you can see the link in my signature. Best of luck to you.

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you are taking all the right steps. Nice post-bac GPA, keep it up and focus on the MCAT. As for what I do for activities, you can see the link in my signature. Best of luck to you.

Wow your application looks great! And you're right I need to focus on MCAT more before I think of other stuff. Sometimes I feel like I'm far behind compared to my classmates because they're taking MCAT in May and applying this summer before finishing up postbac...Hopefully I'll get there too. Good luck on your application too!

Wow Snapshot, your application does look pretty nice. Best of luck!:luck: