This is NOT a "what are my chances" rather a WHERE am i competitive??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medhearter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are some GPA-friendly schools which take intl's?

ok so edit:

3.5 cgpa
3.4 sci gpa
(from a top research university in canada)

10/11/13/Q MCAT

add research , 2 posters
one internship in the vaccine research industry
loads of volunteer experiences in various hospital settings
extracurricular leadership roles
teaching assistant/tutor/mentor

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
what are some GPA-friendly schools which take intl's?

ok so edit:

3.5 cgpa
3.4 sci gpa
(from a top research university in canada)

10/11/13/Q MCAT

add research , 2 posters
one internship in the vaccine research industry
loads of volunteer experiences in various hospital settings
extracurricular leadership roles
teaching assistant/tutor/mentor

I'm assuming that you are Canadian, which broadens your choices a tad when compared to other internationals. Your MCAT score is good, but your GPA is pretty low for any university, regardless of competitiveness. You will want to apply broadly, and to any DO schools that accept internationals (if any do). I definitely recommend Wayne State and Case Western, as well as any of the less competitive Midwestern schools that accept internationals. Pick up an MSAR and take alook at the averages.

Whats the difference between what are my chances and where am I competitive? lol

heh

well a "what are my chances?" warrants a response like "bad" or "good" or "so long as you apply broadly and early, good"

but a "where am i competitive" warrants "consider school X or Y or Z"

i applied to WSU this round, i'm still sitting on the waitlist.
i'm also on the SLU waitlist

a number of DO schools accept intls, but DO match-lists are really throwing me off by the extremely low number matching into non-primarycare specialties. choice? or stern MD-advantage?

Ok I vote any school that accepts international Students with a LizzyM less than a 68

heh

well a "what are my chances?" warrants a response like "bad" or "good" or "so long as you apply broadly and early, good"

but a "where am i competitive" warrants "consider school X or Y or Z"

i applied to WSU this round, i'm still sitting on the waitlist.
i'm also on the SLU waitlist

a number of DO schools accept intls, but DO match-lists are really throwing me off by the extremely low number matching into non-primarycare specialties. choice? or stern MD-advantage?

Well at this point you choice might be DO or nothing (assuming you don't get off waitlist, good luck!).

Well at this point you choice might be DO or nothing (assuming you don't get off waitlist, good luck!).

ummm i didn't apply DO. didn't really know about it until a week ago or so.