1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!! THIS CAN'T BE!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by LMUKID, Jan 7, 2001.

1. LMUKID

LMUKID Member

CAN THIS BE TRUE? THE UNIVERSITY OF THE PACIFIC'S WEBSITE SAYS THAT TUITION THERE IS $44,000 PER YEAR. CAN ANYONE VERIFY THIS, OR DISPROVE IT. IT SOUNDS ABSOLUTELY CRAZY TO ME. ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANX

THIS IS WHERE I FOUND IT...FOR ANYONE LOOKING IT'S ABOUT A 1/4 OF THE WAY DOWN THE PAGE WHERE IT SAYS "COST (1999-2000)"
    http://www.uop.edu/pacific.nsf/facts?openpage

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Yes, $44000 per year is correct since you take courses throughout the whole year and practically get no breaks. I'm pretty sure you know it's a 3 year program at UOP, so at the end of 3 years, you'll owe about the same amount as if you went to a 4 year institution. I believe the cost of living, tuition, and other expenses at UOP end up being around $210-220K.

I like the fact that UOP will get you out 1 year earlier than any other school if you wanna be a general dentist. Unless you get into a state school like the UC's then the tuition is about the same for all private schools.