This is so not cool

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
cfdavid said:
Prowler, knee, hip, shoulder, and spine surgery is not exactly what we're comparing podiatry to.

For a multiple compound fracture of the leg, sure, you're gonna see an ortho.

But, not everything is that complex, and podiatrists certainly fill a niche IMO.
I don't know hardly anything about podiatry, which is why I keep quiet about them, but truckibear made (what looked to me) like a rather off-the-wall comment.

Members don't see this ad.

TheProwler said:
I don't know hardly anything about podiatry, which is why I keep quiet about them, but truckibear made (what looked to me) like a rather off-the-wall comment.

I do think she/he (I'm thinkin she) has a good point though. While MD school is most competitive, and therefore seen as kind of the pot of gold, there are a ton of other professionals in healthcare that offer great opportunities and do attract some very high functioning, sharp people.

My ex-gf is a nurse anesthetist. It's a 2 year master's program, and she's 27 making $140k. This can increase also, with OT and if she's ever on call.

She, along with many of her colleagues could have gone to med school. In her case, as a BS nurse, she's seen the lack of life that many docs have. She just had no interest in that kind of lifestyle. So, she makes great money and will have the prime of her life in which to enjoy it. She can also pursue other life interests and hobbies.

But, to assume (not saying you are, this is a general statement) that everyone that's NOT an MD, really wanted to be, but couldn't cut it, is simply not the reality.