This is the I got off of the waitlist post.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Patrick O

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who has gotten off the waitlist at an osteopathic school, and is extremely happy because it is their first choice, please post here and give other waitlisted hopefuls some hope!

Thanks,
Pat ;)

Members don't see this ad.

not yet but I can smell it!

Keep the faith!!! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm posting to keep this on top for myself and the others when those acceptances start rolling in!

Not off the waitlist yet? Wow... it's getting pretty close to the start of medical school.... I really hope you get in.... :(

yeah well, no one's off at PCOM yet...

Its really frustrating...I wish you all the best of luck...!!!!

My prayers are with you!!!

No one has gotten off the waitlist for MSU-COM either. I talked to the admissions and they said it was because of all the problems aacomas had with the online form. Some schools were still interviewing in early June!

Hopefully, everyone will find out quickly, so we can find a place to live and enjoy the summer!
Later and good luck :)

KEEP THE FAITH!

and, contact the school you really want out of all the waitlist...ask if you can apply EDP for next year, if they will guarantee a spot for you....

Ive done that already....several times... PCOM said movement should happen after today... someone at the front desk said something about waiting until jun 20th for the mcats from appril... i don't know what she's talking about because august mcats are the latest considered in an application for admission.... I've got my fingers crossed... its been over two moths on the list so far... they probably are going to (call?) all available slots in a batch? who knows ....they're slow... and obviously have some sort of process they follow.
Pat :)

Last week I went to the financial Aid lecture at PCOM and I heard one of the admissions people talking and she said that they were waiting for the new MCAT scores to come in before they started to choose people of the waitlist because some of the people on the waitlist are perfect candidates with the exception of a low MCAT score. So with good MCAT scores that person will be in and with poor MCAT scores that person will be left on the waitlist and another candidate will be accepted. I hope this is helpful. Maybe i'll see you in the fall.

They shouldn't be doing that.... :(

Hi,

I have a feeling PCOM is not alone in choosing waitlisted people based on new MCAT scores. I know I am on a waitlist at a school that is still not ranked, and I have a feeling it is for similar reasons.

I guess I'm in trouble because 1. I already have a solid MCAT score. 2. I didn't retake the MCAT this April.

W.U.A.S.

Originally posted by Popoy:
•They shouldn't be doing that.... :(

Members don't see this ad :)
That is very disappointing to hear something like that. It is also against their policy. If that was the case they should let everyone know that that is how they proceed with alternates, so everyone on the list could make an educated decision whether or not to retake that stupid MCAT. I grad in bio with a 3.6 in science and non science and got the mean acceptance MCAt score for their school. I know plenty of people that scored lower than me on the MCAT and had lower grades that got in. I am also a non-traditional (took a year off to do medical research) and well rounded applicant (active in hospitals, observing, working etc... for over 5 years, and I am very easy to get along with). I'm not trying to pour my guts here but if PCOM doesn't accept me, they are going to lose, and LECOM is going to gain a good medical student.
Pat ;)

Patrick O,
I thought you were waitlisted at LECOM also. LECOM classes start Aug. 4. I guess you would have a few more weeks before the rush would be on to find an apartment and move to Erie. Good Luck. I would like to have you in the LECOM class of 2005.

That's the ticket, PAT!!!

PCOM is definitely going to lose a very good medical student..... From your postings, I see great potential to be a good physician.

PCOM shouldn't be doing such a proceedure... that's just WRONG!!! I don't what people say.... IT's JUST ABSOLUTELY WRONG!!! :mad:

Lisa, I sent my application in to LECOM at the very same time as PCOM. LECOM gave me an interview 3 weeks later and accepted me a few days after the interview. PCOM was an interview 2 months later and I've been waiting on the alternate list after I recieved a "delay in making a decision on your application", and a "your on the alternate list letter"...(friday the 13th right before easter.....thanks!). Anyway I work at a medical school under a doc who was on the admissions board at the school.. and he said the whole deal (hearsay?) was shady and not fair. They got the MCATS on June 20th, now I'm interested to see when there will be movement....
I liked LECOM... but I was fonder of the philly area since I only live about 50 min north. You're from Girard...that is damn close to PCOM right?
If I am gonna be going to LECOM I need to know soon to get a decent apt I suppose... probably everybody has roomates by now which sucks for me.

PAT
:rolleyes:
I want a decision so I can enjoy what summer i have left until med school starts :confused:

Pat,
I'm sure you've done this already, but I'll suggest it anyway.... Call PCOM and tell them you were accepted to LECOM but would rather attend PCOM.... See what they say.... Geez, I hope you get in....

They alraeady know that , I told them that in the interview... and for GOD's sake why would I still be calling them and sending in an intent letter,and remaining on the alternate list if I didn't want to go to the school. :)

That's true.... Compared to anyone else in SDN, when I find out that you got accepted, I'll probably jump for joy for you as well.... Good luck :D

nothing on my answering machine today, maybe on monday :confused:

please if anyone gets into pcom off the alternate who uses this site or you know of someone etc.... please let me know :p
thanks a ton,
pat :D

Hey Pat, 2 questions: Where are you exactly from because I went to high school at Holy Ghost prep and Beaver/Arcadia University for college. It seems you are in the Bucks Area. I live in churchville, which is near newtown and warminster. Question 2, do you really think that they are taking the April MCAT's into consideration for those waitlisted! That is the biggest bunch of SH@T I have ever heard. Im on the waitlist at LECOM, so what happens with you could pssibly afect me. I dearly hope that the MCAT deal is not the case. Im routing for you man!

Jason,
Question 1: I know where those places are, I am from Bethlehem (in the Lehigh Valley area about an hour north of Philly) I have a friend that's from Holland which is in Bucks county.

Question 2: I would like to believe that this isn't so with the MCAT garbage. I heard it from a person at the admissions office thAT answered the phone, and from someone else on this website. I have never heard of such a load of b.s. in my life. The policy on the website as does every other medical school in the United States M.D. or D.O. states "August MCATs of the year before matriculation is the latest considered in an application", except for Hopkins which doesn't require the MCAT at all. So to pull something like that is crap. For one thing, why would they wait to pull from the alternates for so long just because of some qualified students- with low MCAT scores? Seems shady... they must wait to pull the alternates in a big batch. If taking the MCAT less than 3 months before the start of the first year of medical school was fair game for their admissions criteria, then they should have told everyone that in the interview(or secondary application). But I interviewed later in the process... that I believed hurt me.... like I said before in posts their are people that get in with low MCATS... (lower than me at least and mine aren't that low by D.O. standards)it just depends on how you match up with others at that particular time in the cycle.
I have contacted PCOM about the MCAT "thing" and haven't recieved a response. Maybe that is because this topic is some unwritten policy they don't want to discuss. I must tell you that from my dealings with administrations... LECOM is much more professional and quicker.

So, I hope next week I will get some kinda response.... If they were waiting for MCATS to come in ... they certainly had enough time to ponder over the alternatesbefore June 20th since they stopped interviewing ath the end of March...which shouldn't take a lot of time to finally get some movement. This contact that I had at PCOM also said there was many withdrawls from their program.. I just wonder... if there are all these withdrawls... and everybody didn't obviouisly retake the MCAT in April... then why couldn't there be movement before June 20th.
Enough of this pondering... it still won't help me get in.... but it feels good to speak my peace with others that understand.

Pat :)

For the love of GOD... somebody has to be getting into a D.O. school off the waitlist by now!

I'll cross my fingers for your too Wish. :)

I'm on the waitlist for MSU-COM (#18), and when I called last wed., they still had to go through 10 more people til they started at the alternate list.
I don't know if people are not moving because of the problems aacomas has had or if the class is just full.
MSU told me that they are sending out letters to all accepted students, just to make sure that they are still going there, in case some forgot to withdraw their name.

Thats the only real hope I still have for this year.
later

come on give all us waitlisters a july 4th acceptance gift! :p

YEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Please let me in!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just curious if there are any DMU or UHS-KC applicants out there on waitlists. What are your stats? I'm curious to see what folks had that were accepted or accepted off the waitlist at those schools. Also, does anyone know what types of medical experience they like to see in particular? I'm sure that there is no one specific piece of crucial activity, but if you could place an importance on something they look for, that would help. Thank you and I apologize if this post sounds repetitive from past inquiries about stats and extra-currics.

Atlas

Anyone here on the waitlist at UNECOM? I am going to be giving up my acceptance this week and collecting my tuition payment back. I hope someone on this board can make use of it.

Regards,
Neel